Advice 900 Blizzard High Windshield

Sheza Renegade

I was hoping someone had advice on high windshield for 900 Blizzard. Don't matter what I wear I am cold in chest area. Does higher Windshield help?  Thanks

IrREVerent & the Missus have them on their XS sleds as well. I have 1 in the shop to put on before the Great Big Loop trip in Feb'.

Thank you 

3 hours ago, sheza Classic said:

I was hoping someone had advice on high windshield for 900 Blizzard. Don't matter what I wear I am cold in chest area. Does higher Windshield help?  Thanks

Yup...works quite nicely... especially on those really cold days in the north.

I went to Cochrane last winter and  nearly froze.  I went to Skidoo dealer and purchased over 300.00 in base and mid layers.  First trip out I was just as cold.  I jumped on my old 600 Polaris for ten min and warmed up.  That's when I knew it wasn't me, it was my new sled keeping me cold.  I leave for Elliot Lake on 10th so will now purchase high shield for sure.  Thanks for help.

1 hour ago, sheza Classic said:

I went to Cochrane last winter and  nearly froze.  I went to Skidoo dealer and purchased over 300.00 in base and mid layers.  First trip out I was just as cold.  I jumped on my old 600 Polaris for ten min and warmed up.  That's when I knew it wasn't me, it was my new sled keeping me cold.  I leave for Elliot Lake on 10th so will now purchase high shield for sure.  Thanks for help.

Oh & it's the 18" version we're talking about!

Correct. You want the "Tall" windshield kit. A word of advice, get the windshield Kit, which should come with the windshield support and side deflectors. This way you can just pull one shield assembly off and pop the other one on in seconds, depending on the conditions when you ride. 

6 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Correct. You want the "Tall" windshield kit. A word of advice, get the windshield Kit, which should come with the windshield support and side deflectors. This way you can just pull one shield assembly off and pop the other one on in seconds, depending on the conditions when you ride. 

X2

Also, mount your permit on the dash as per the rider  on the 1st sled LOL

20180203_133221.thumb.jpg.e4bdccaed40f86c009699337dde258e6.jpg

1 minute ago, revrnd said:

X2

Also, mount your permit on the dash as per the rider  on the 1st sled LOL

20180203_133221.thumb.jpg.e4bdccaed40f86c009699337dde258e6.jpg

Lol !!!

1 hour ago, sheza Classic said:

Even with a high windshield the aerodynamics of the sled can still leave you cold in some areas. I was getting cold on my Cat and had never done before on the prior Cat. I had the tall windshield. Not my upper body so much but my knees and thighs. The wind wrapped around the side panels and curled in. I put small wind deflectors on each side panel. It was the difference between night and day. They only angle out about 1 inch or less but the difference is amazing.

Very true. The XR chassis sleds had a deflector on the trailing edge of the side panels from top to bottom. Massive difference. The XP had an optional deflector that would push air up over the legs.  

The newer the sled is, the colder it is too.

16 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Very true. The XR chassis sleds had a deflector on the trailing edge of the side panels from top to bottom. Massive difference. The XP had an optional deflector that would push air up over the legs.  

Should have been on the '19 850 in Quebec at -40, behind Evil and Hubby..

Then come talk to me...

20 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

I think the REVs had a little black deflector on each side too. (too cold to go check out in the shop LOL)

6 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Then come talk to me...

Is that sarcasm? Lol !!!

2 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I think the REVs had a little black deflector on each side too. (too cold to go check out in the shop LOL)

Yes they're still on my wife's Rev. Life saving device in the North...

Thanks.  All good info. Maybe you same riders can help out on my next topic.

I will post new not in this thread but about setting up my blizzard.  Thanks

Went to Northland today and purchased an 18" windshield.  It was over 200 without bottom piece of plastic so just bought the clear shield part.  

If anyone is looking for just the windshield in a medium I will sell mine.  Only used 4 days in Cochrane and I ride at home, so no Mark's or scratches.  Coldwater  $125.00.

20 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Then come talk to me...

When u ride with that crew anything goes....

Archived