Smiths Falls to Arnprior.

zoso

Trailered to Smiths Falls and rode up to Arnprior for lunch. The vid starts in smiths falls and ends at PJ's. The trails further south are good but need more snow, the good part is, ice base, so it will hold the snow it gets and the groomer will not be dragging up slag. once you get to Almonte the snow cover is double and the trail is better. The trails off the railbed are not as good but are passable. Very nice ride, and a very good smoked meat sammich t PJ''s. I will say this, a pint of Bud light, and the sandwhich was 23 bucks before a tip which seemed a little on the high side, the beer was a fin. i guess I should not complain as the cost of doing business is high these days and the food was very good, but fries and a sammich should be under 15 bucks IMO.50138627_227950208089212_1120499951835545600_n.thumb.jpg.c131af891ccaddd0718d3f7e5e1ce88c.jpg50324101_1484549908348708_1097533984314753024_n.thumb.jpg.4bfbc50d837edc1aae1368258f5b4dc3.jpg

Great video, I am sitting at work and wishing I was riding...

Looks like it's half decent riding.  Snow predicted for the next few days should help.

3 minutes ago, Mooseman said:

Looks like it's half decent riding.  Snow predicted for the next few days should help.

Sat and Sunday supposed to get 10-15 both days, I will be shocked if we get ten total.

5 hours ago, FROSTYNUTZ said:

Hey Zoso, good stuff. Nice to see you,re only drinking ice tea. LOL

We have pretty strict laws here in regards to drinking and driving. I am proud to say I follow them and have never in my life had any issue with those laws. Here is what that beer did to my BAC, pretty much nothing. No I did not have another.BAC.JPG.e77519c445648c0a62a62507cf15caa9.JPG

1 hour ago, zoso said:

We have pretty strict laws here in regards to drinking and driving. I am proud to say I follow them and have never in my life had any issue with those laws. Here is what that beer did to my BAC, pretty much nothing. No I did not have another.BAC.JPG.e77519c445648c0a62a62507cf15caa9.JPG

And type of portable device are you using to measure that?

41 minutes ago, stoney said:

And type of portable device are you using to measure that?

No device, just an online calculator that may be off, well will be off as it is only an estimate. But, it will not be off so much as to put me anywhere close to the warning range of 0.05. I have zero concerns about any issues with the law if I have one 20 ounce glass of light beer. the funny thing is, if I was to have an accident, and blew 0.02, then the cops would write alcohol as a factor, and MADD would blame alcohol for the accident. My buddy hit a rock and rolled his sled, we made it out of the bush and into sportsmans, he had one drink after the fact at the lodge. We called the cops and an ambulance as he was on blood thinners and was developing a large hemotoma(sp) on his leg. The cops asked if he had been drinking and was told the truth, not before entering the lodge, he blew, registered a 0.01, no issue, but cop did put down on his report, alcohol was a factor. Idiotic.

Archived