Legal Off Trail Riding Areas

Basketcase

6 minutes ago, Basketcase said:

And nobody in this thread said that they could ride wherever. I know that you have to stay on trail in SCF areas...

This wasn't a thread for where people COULDN'T ride. 

Ya I know. I was just pointing out to others who read the thread looking for areas to ride know, areas they thought are good to use are not. Knowing where you can't ride helps to know where you can ride. It's a good topic you started don't regret bring it up. 

6 minutes ago, Reved said:

Ya I know. I was just pointing out to others who read the thread looking for areas to ride know, areas they thought are good to use are not. Knowing where you can't ride helps to know where you can ride. It's a good topic you started don't regret bring it up. 

I apologize. So far, most of the posts have been pretty negative and I didn't want this to turn into another thread about how off trail riders are ruining everyones lives. Thats why I started it to try and inform people and help out with trespassing, but it didn't seem to be going in the direction I wanted it to. 

I agree that people need to know where they can't ride as well. 

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, Basketcase said:

Read up a couple comments. I said I wouldn't release the location of private land. I would never tell someone else they could ride where I am the only one who has permission.

Can a mod please delete this thread? I regret starting it. 

now you're getting it. I know it seems like the right thing to do, and to gain new riding buddies, and trade areas to ride but, you don't do it on the public open forum... then you have EVERYONE within driving distance in your honey holes. you want to trade spots, seek out those that do the same and private message them, get to know them, then make the offers.

like fishing... you post the exact spot someone gave you for the fish, you go out the next day with said friend that showed you the spot, and you are with 5000 of your newest closest friends. you wont be getting that kind of info ever again from that fishing buddy. the internet can be a great place but, instant gratification is what most seek, and sometimes, that is not a good thing.

the type of info you seek to trade is better left in private messages. I don't wish you ill will, or condemn you for your post here... having an offtrail forum section would be great to trade pics, stories, mods, tips, tricks planning rides ect.. with the one caveat "do not openly post exactly where you are riding, so we all don't lose our privilege to ride there".  like the fight club reference... Ski

1 hour ago, zoso said:

You did mention the pole line running north south east of bracebridge, and that is all private property. If you want to share ride spots, use the crown land atlas and make sure they are crown land. That being said, technically all pole line and gas line clearings are private property as the utilities have land use agreements with either the private land holder or the crown.

Do you happen to have a link to the atlas ?

20 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

now you're getting it. I know it seems like the right thing to do, and to gain new riding buddies, and trade areas to ride but, you don't do it on the public open forum... then you have EVERYONE within driving distance in your honey holes. you want to trade spots, seek out those that do the same and private message them, get to know them, then make the offers.

like fishing... you post the exact spot someone gave you for the fish, you go out the next day with said friend that showed you the spot, and you are with 5000 of your newest closest friends. you wont be getting that kind of info ever again from that fishing buddy. the internet can be a great place but, instant gratification is what most seek, and sometimes, that is not a good thing.

the type of info you seek to trade is better left in private messages. I don't wish you ill will, or condemn you for your post here... having an offtrail forum section would be great to trade pics, stories, mods, tips, tricks planning rides ect.. with the one caveat "do not openly post exactly where you are riding, so we all don't lose our privilege to ride there".  like the fight club reference... Ski

This happened to a lake that I know personally.

One march afternoon there was 17 planes and about 50 sleds on it.

Lake was fished out in 3 years.

Archived