worst winter ever!!!

sledhead

Got our own Clubs T.P. numbers last night and very disappointing.

Regular Season T.P.'s down by 25%

Our trails were in great shape all season and our grooming hours per week were up because of all the traffic in our area.

In addition, we had to pay 25% of our fuel this year, whereas the District previously paid 100%.

Never had a complaint about our trails, signing, website, etc. so this is a huge diappointment for us.

When the entire Province is down only only 12% for Regular Season and we're down 25% with great trails and spending more money than previously it is not a good situation and can't bode well for the future.

Our problem is the lack of motels selling our T.P.'s but that isn't something we can change due to territorial rights.

I can really sympathize with Clubs further north that have a smaller number of T.P.'s but have to groom for everyone rolling in but who have already purchased their permit down south.

It is a big problem. What percentage would south restoule club sell via hotels anyway's? Can't seeing it being real high. More day and week permits for sure. Did you see many locals out with no permits this winter? This winter is going to be tough. Gas, diesel is getting high. Sales are down on trail permits, costs could be

up 30 percent on fuel alone. I don't even want to

think about it. Ofsc needs to increase permit costs I believe or secure more government funding via our fuel tax dollars. I sure hope they stay committed to the ofsc. I see so many programs getting cut out now, it is crazy.

It is a big problem. What percentage would south restoule club sell via hotels anyway's? Can't seeing it being real high. More day and week permits for sure. Did you see many locals out with no permits this winter? This winter is going to be tough. Gas, diesel is getting high. Sales are down on trail permits, costs could be

up 30 percent on fuel alone. I don't even want to

think about it. Ofsc needs to increase permit costs I believe or secure more government funding via our fuel tax dollars. I sure hope they stay committed to the ofsc. I see so many programs getting cut out now, it is crazy.

Get some fresh meds bud. Do you ever say anything positve?

Your right Wildbill. Ofsc made it through the long recession without any major issue's. I look forward to the 2013 season. I will buy my two permits again early to save some cash and to help the clubs out early. Alot of my long time friends are bailing from this wonderful sport. So that has gotten me down abit.

And people wonder why there isn't just one governing body for ATV's...Our club is pretty successful without a parenting body to really screw things up.

Back on the snow...sorry that some of these clubs worked so hard and permit sales dropped. My guess is that there will be a drop for pre-season this coming Winter too, unless we have a dynamic start.

HCSA expects to be down 200-300 permits for this coming Winter based on stats for years following crappy Winters. All we can all do is ride it out, keep supporting our clubs and try to enjoy.

It is what it is. Snowfall is something we juct can't control and based on the past, Environment Canada just can't forecast accurately. Regardless I will be buying my two permits early, hoping I may win the gas card, (if it is still offered in tough financial times) and hoping for snow.

If we have another winter like last (which just won't happen) I will just have to trailer to the snow like I did this past winter.

I remember a cold wet summer that everyone called the year that summer never happened which was in 92. Got very little use out of the boat that year which represents a much larger cash expense. On top of that the season pass for the Severn Waterway didn't get used at all that year. I don't know anybody that gave up on boating because of it.

What's that phrase. Roll with the punches.

Got our own Clubs T.P. numbers last night and very disappointing.

Regular Season T.P.'s down by 25%

Our trails were in great shape all season and our grooming hours per week were up because of all the traffic in our area.

In addition, we had to pay 25% of our fuel this year, whereas the District previously paid 100%.

Never had a complaint about our trails, signing, website, etc. so this is a huge diappointment for us.

When the entire Province is down only only 12% for Regular Season and we're down 25% with great trails and spending more money than previously it is not a good situation and can't bode well for the future.

Our problem is the lack of motels selling our T.P.'s but that isn't something we can change due to territorial rights.

I can really sympathize with Clubs further north that have a smaller number of T.P.'s but have to groom for everyone rolling in but who have already purchased their permit down south.

I forgot to mention that our Classic Permits rose by 35% while our regular season T.P.'s were down by 25%

This trend could be a financial disaster in the making.

More T.P.'s being sold at $125 while the $200 & $250 regular permits are heading south.

I guess we have encouraged the owners of older sleds to get back out on the trails, problem being they are getting to be a big proprtion of the total, yet they pay half price.

I have a '96 just so you know.

Is there a breakdown regarding 'how' permits are purchased?

Pre-December 1st

- Internet.

- Directly from clubs via fax (if still allowed)

- At hotel/business.

- Snowmobile show(s)

After December 1st

- Internet

- Directly from clubs via fax

- At hotel/business

- On trail

Has it changed over the years?

The information may be private, etc. but data helps many organizations move forward.

I'll bet the comment above re: buying south and riding near north is very accurate. Kudos to OFSC for trying to adapt.

Is there a breakdown regarding 'how' permits are purchased?

Pre-December 1st

- Internet.

- Directly from clubs via fax (if still allowed)

- At hotel/business.

- Snowmobile show(s)

After December 1st

- Internet

- Directly from clubs via fax

- At hotel/business

- On trail

Has it changed over the years?

The information may be private, etc. but data helps many organizations move forward.

I'll bet the comment above re: buying south and riding near north is very accurate. Kudos to

OFSC for trying to adapt.

You should get more matrix mobey next year, since southern Ontario has a big fat zero down for grooming hours. So your extra grooming hours this year and the time you guys were open, you should see alot more matrix money, that will help to offset lower trail permit numbers. Next season could be better too, no one knows.

Surprisingly there was more snow in Haliburton this year than last year. Both Winters have not been very good either. late to open (end of Janurary) and early to close (March 19th last winter and March 12th this year).

Archived