North Bay Travelodge Airport - Horrible

Guest YamaDoo

Guest jeffjpeck

I would not recommend the North Bay Travelodge 'Airport'. Its more expensive than most, the manager is horrible to deal with and they put unauthorized charges on your card. The nice new Holiday Inn is right across the road with access to trail 711 just across the road.

Travelodge will say you can leave your trailer there and then will charge your credit card if you don't stay on your return night. There's lots of parking around North Bay so its not worth the bad service and $150 just to park for a couple days.

Wow. Wish they would have built that Holiday Inn on the other side of hwy 11

It seems like that Travelodge raised their rates once the Holiday Inn was built. I thought they might lower the prices since it was an inferior facility.

Nice to see someone else spoke up. But its not the hotel itself...its the manager there. She is brutal, and I feel so badly for the nice people who have to enforce her rules at the front desk.

We called there to book a reservation. My buddy who called said "we may come back and stay overnight at the end of our trip...not sure. If we don't come back, can we still park our cars here for two days?" The response was yes. So on our final day we were making good time and elected to call them ahead of time to cancel, so that they would have a chance to sell the rooms if they happen to be sold out. Trust me....it does not pay to be considerate to the manager of this hotel.

She stuck us for $160.00 bill, and when we got into the empty parking lot, the place was less than half sold. So its not like they lost revenue on our behalf by holding our rooms. After we spent $320 there two days earlier, this is how they treated us. Charging $160 to park there for 2 days. Its not that expensive to park at Young and Bloor for two days!

If you are a sledder DO NOT patronize the Travelodge Airport in North Bay. Not until you see a post here from Travelodge Corporate stating they have removed that manager. Holiday Inn across the street is the way to get on 711north to A trail.

I've read a post earlier this season that this TL's rep had gone downhill. It used to be the destination for RAP tourers.

The trail into that area was rough, even after the snow storm.

Sounds like we're better off staying on Lakeshore Drive (Lake Nippising access) or in Bonfield.

OK here's the other side.

We have stayed at the Travelodge a number of times over the years. Stayed there this year on the 3rd and 10th of February and left the truck there in between.

When I booked the rooms, I asked and was told that you could cancel up to 4PM the day of your stay with no penalty. We didn't have to do that so I can't say anymore about that issue.

They have redone the rooms and they are nice but at $150.00 / night, I would say they are expensive for what they are.

We left the truck there in a good parking spot and had no problem or charge for parking. That was no different than it ever has been.

The trail to Trout Lake was and always is rough due normally to volume and other issues this year. Big deal, 3 or 4 km.

The worst part of the Travelodge experience for us was that they only have one toaster at breakfast so sometimes a long lineup for toast.

I'll stick my neck out and say everyone in our group would stay there again because it is a good place to stage out of in North Bay for what we do. We always go north and I never liked the trip from Parkwood Lodge or the Lakeshore to Trout Lake.

I'm not sure it's fair to say that because the parking lot was 1/2 empty early or late afternoon that it wouldn't be full at night. Every time we've stayed there it seems to be a full parking lot in the morning and there always seemed to be people at registration if we were up near the desk area through the early evening.

Can't comment on the manager because we never had to deal with either the day or night manager to my knowledge.

Guest YamaDoo

There are so many other good options and a brand new Holiday Inn 100 yards away so why bother putting up with them. When a hotel gives their word about a cancellation policy, I expect they would honor it. $160 billed to my credit card after following the rules and without authorization is a red flag. They are likely cutting corners in other places too. Maybe it was good at one time, but people and unethical policies can make a big difference. Stay clear. Love that picture Piston Lake Cruiser!

We stayed at the Travelodge in North Bay on the Lake Shore this past weekend and it was fantastic. $90 for the night and it included breakfast. The people at the front desk were polite and friendly. I'd go back there next year in a heart beat. I've never stayed at the Airport Travelodge, so I can't comment, but it's safe to say it's a mangement problem and not a corporate problem.

Welcome to OC delco. Thanks for the update on the Lakeshore location :right_on:

We stayed at the Travelodge in North Bay on the Lake Shore this past weekend and it was fantastic. $90 for the night and it included breakfast. The people at the front desk were polite and friendly. I'd go back there next year in a heart beat. I've never stayed at the Airport Travelodge, so I can't comment, but it's safe to say it's a mangement problem and not a corporate problem.

I'll second the thumbs up for the Lakeshore Travelodge,we stay there every time we're in North Bay.I also had a bad experience at the airport Travelodge,but that was about 5 years ago and havent stayed there since.

The lakeshore Travelodge isn't too bad. It's not super fancy, but for a bunch of guys its perfect. The environmental shower heads don't get you too wet. They have a waffle maker there now and staff is always great. This year, if you stayed 3 nights in a row, it was $60 per night.

Can't beat that

We stayed there last weekend. We had a great time and the trail from lakeshore to trout Lake was the best I have seen it. Thanks to the club that grooms it.

Archived