North Bay Hotel/Motel Information pls

Giddy UP

Heading to NB on a saddlebag trip this week. Called BW and the rate they are quoting is $110./night. Never heard of the NNTA discount that was mentioned here on another thread???

Would appreciate some imput on where to stay that is inexpensive, has access by trail and has restaurant onsite?

Thanks!

Giddy

Dinnerbell in bonfield. . Has restaurant, family home cooking. Just off the trail. You can get gas at the portage on trout lake just off top d. Around 88 per night. Nothing fancy, but comfortable.

- x2 on the Dinner Bell if you're not onto spending more than $100 a night.

- You won't go hungry.

Thanks everyone for the info. Unfortunately Dinner Bell is so popular that they only have 1 room available for the night and we need 2 :( Any other suggestions? Thanks

Hi Mileage - check your messages....was gonna say check you pms...but that just didn't sound right! :icon_snow:

Travelodge on airport road. They give a Caa discount. Right on trail nb 301. Gas there, don cherry's resturant and fanny's lol. Not cheap at about 140 a night. Could ask

For a nnta discount and see what they say. Midweek rates might be closer to 120, but I don't know.

Been pretty busy to file a report in accomodations section, but look into Torbay Cottages-

http://www.torbay.net/

There is a large cottage right on the lake shore with excellent view of the ever changing panorama that takes place on Nipissing and you can drive your sleds right onto the lake. Prepare in advance frozen chilli, spaghetti, perogies, lasagna etc. high energy for on the trail foods and control what you're eating in addition to not wasting valuable sledding time on sitting in restaurants. If you want restaurants, several are only a block away. (check the prices in advance of going to Churchills though)

Two down sides - to get north of North Bay you will have to loop around via Astorville area or go up the usually bad trail through the city. Parking for trucks and trailers at the cottages will seem a bit cramped, but the owner will direct you to a larger lot next door.

Thanks for all the info everyone! I ended up calling Dinner Bell back to see if in the "off chance" they had a cancellation. It turns out they also have a B&B so we booked that. Apparently it is a place they use when they are full - right on the lake - anybody been there before? I will post thoughts and experience here once we return! :icon_photo:

Have fun. I am heading to Kearny tommorrow. Staying at edge water. Riding over to parry sound down the sequin. Then some local riding on Wednesday. I almost did the whole rap tour in sections this year.

Is the d still a mess near trout creek?

Have fun. I am heading to Kearny tommorrow. Staying at edge water. Riding over to parry sound down the sequin. Then some local riding on Wednesday. I almost did the whole rap tour in sections this year.

Have a great ride!!! Trails are awesome and freshly groomed after the weekend and all the snow - this is gonna be the BEST week of riding all year I think! :icon_photo:

Is the d still a mess near trout creek?

Not to my knowledge - haven't ridden up there yet - but others have and tell me all is good! I hope so! LOL.

Thanks everyone for the info. Unfortunately Dinner Bell is so popular that they only have 1 room available for the night and we need 2 :( Any other suggestions? Thanks

We stayed at Dinner Bell over the weekend. Try to get in there for a bite to eat. Great family run restaurant.

Great news re: B and B. Don't have first hand knowledge.

In the past, I've 'dissed' the route from Lake Nippissing to northern trails. Having run it on Saturday (albeit after Thursday's storm) - not so bad.

Apart from Bonfield, I would suggest Clarion on the lake. Follow other sledder's out of hotel parking lot onto the trail (703??), turn right onto Trail 703, right at road, and past cement factory.

A little scraping, but not as bad as I recalled.

Thanks Canuck for the info! We are actually now going to stay for 2 nights up there. I will post more info and pics when I get back about the B&B - the rate is great $69.00 and includes breakfast at Dinner Bell....the cottage is approx 5 mins away from Dinner Bell and they only have 2 rooms available - it's right on Lake Nosb. They said that they only use the B&B when the motel is full. Snowing again here (Kearney) now.....and another 10-15cms for Wednesday expected - trails should be great between Kearney - NB this year :icon_hyper:

Hey Viper - just got back from an ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC ride on the Du Yu Wanna trails! If you get a chance - everything was groomed today - flat and fantastic...even the D south of Sprucedale outstanding and just groomed. Just passed the groomer heading from Keraney to Sprucedale on the D at 4:00PM....snowing now! Only passed 2 sleds all day - did close to 150kms this afternoon! :drool-1:

Archived