another great weekend in south river/sundridge

polarisracing1

i do know 1 thing, the local club in sundridge/southriver deserves an applause for great trails in a bad winter...kudos amalquin groomers for another good trip

i do know 1 thing, the local club in sundridge/southriver deserves an applause for great trails in a bad winter...kudos amalquin groomers for another good trip

X 2 There has been more traffic than I have ever seen on our trails this winter due to the great conditions here. The groomers are working 24/7 to keep the trails in tip top shape. The trails this weekend sure got a work-out....but now with more snow in the forecast and the diligent grooming of the ADSC the trails should be great once again for the weekend! WTG ADSC! :right_on: :right_on: :icon_clapclap:

x3

Even the really heavily used trails are in great shape, amazing what these clubs are doing with the trails considering the amount of traffic they are seeing up here!

Picture doesn't show it well but it's snowing like crazy here right now!!!

f6b6d3de.jpg

we might trailer to the visitor centre tommorrow or fri and go for a run

I am looking to take my dad for his first day ride tomorrow. Looking to do 100km in morning, good lunch, and 100km in afternoon. I was thinking sunridge or Huntsville as staging area. Any advice on best place to leave truck and trailer, best route, best place for gas and lunch, and best trail conditions would be appreciated. Again, it is his first long ride and I want to get him hooked so I'm looking for smooth wide trails with lots of snow and great scenery.

Thanks in advance,

Carman80

Hi Carman: I would suggest that you head to the Information Centre at Emsdale - just north of Huntsville. You can stage from there and do a nice loop. Take D123 (just up the road about 50 ft from driveway to info centre) and head south to D (1 km approx) - take D East towards Kearney and stay on D and head to Sundridge. Take AL306 into Sundridge and across Lake Bernard (staked) to Casswells for lunch. Then take C104D towards Magnetawan and pick up 711 South to 706 - D-123 South and back to the Info Centre. That's quite a long day - but you could make it shorter and just come back south from Sundridge and back track across lake to D123 South all the way back which would be shorter if your Dad has had enough at that point. There is also gas in Sundridge - NO GAS in Magnetawan FYI. The trails up there have been awesome and should be nicely groomed for this upcoming weekend! Enjoy your day!

Hi Carman: I would suggest that you head to the Information Centre at Emsdale - just north of Huntsville. You can stage from there and do a nice loop. Take D123 (just up the road about 50 ft from driveway to info centre) and head south to D (1 km approx) - take D East towards Kearney and stay on D and head to Sundridge. Take AL306 into Sundridge and across Lake Bernard (staked) to Casswells for lunch. Then take C104D towards Magnetawan and pick up 711 South to 706 - D-123 South and back to the Info Centre. That's quite a long day - but you could make it shorter and just come back south from Sundridge and back track across lake to D123 South all the way back which would be shorter if your Dad has had enough at that point. There is also gas in Sundridge - NO GAS in Magnetawan FYI. The trails up there have been awesome and should be nicely groomed for this upcoming weekend! Enjoy your day!

There is gas at Port Carmen and taking the Port Carmen detour elimnates 90% of the road running.

tons of snow along the 518 hwy, the snow banks where hight and it was snowing as I was going along there wed night, I left Parry Sound later to a major snow storm, I could hardly see past the end of my hood of my truck.

My hat is off to all those groomer ops out there having to deal with low snow in some area and with all the amount of trafic on the trails, this trip was so fun, I'm glad I did it and will be back again. Next time It will be in the Parry Sound area with my Buddy Bill. I was told there are a few good trails out that I need to try out. :)

Archived