North Bay, Kirkland Lake, Cochrane, Timmins, Sudbury Trip

carman80

Everything is booked.

Day 1

Leave Pefferlaw at 4am arrive in North Bay on Saturday at 7am, quick breakfast and then head to New Liskeard for lunch and gas. Then to Kirkland Lake, booked at the Comfort Inn.

Day 2

Cochrane for lunch and gas, then spend the night at Tatachikapika near Gogama.

Day 3

Lunch and gas at Shining Tree(three bears camp), and booked with George at The Sportsman's Lodge north of Sudbury.

Day 4

Back to North Bay and head home.

I would appreciate info on the best places to eat, gas up, any club trails, trail conditions, and any must see lookouts or scenery.

Thanks in advance,

CARMAN80

We stayed @ TCP, 2 years ago. Nice spot & good food.

we stayed at TCP 2 years ago as well. Good place, friendly people, really nice location. We never stopped ourselves but south of TCP on your way towards gogama there is a turnoff to go to a lookout. No idea if it's nice or not. If you stop there let us know, we'll stop there next time through. If you have time, after you leave sportsman's there is a lookout nearby as well called wolf mountain. It's not much of a detour and is quite nice.

We've stopped @ the lookout when it was sunny & clear in '08. We had been by the turnoff in previous years, but it was cloudy or snowing, so we didn't bother.

A couple of pics:

post-19781-0-77684300-1329263957_thumb.jpg

post-19781-0-16733100-1329263987_thumb.jpg

Clearcuts in the distance

Is that off of C trail south of TCP?

Wolf Mnt lookout is off C206D, I believe its called. Been up there many times myself. A 5 minute ride off the main trail. I think its marked trail 76 on my old map, imagine its stil the same, its near the start of the chiniguchi loop on the east side.

Is that off of C trail south of TCP?

Yes, this is where the Gogama fire tower was located. Not sure if the "peak" has a name, but looking @ Mapsource it's about 500' above Hwy 144.

I've never ridden up to Wolf Mtn north of Sportsman's.

What about nice spots and trails from NB to Kirk Lake? I have never ridden these trails before and would appreciate some advice and tips.

It's twisty from NB to NL. Not much to see that I can remember, the Beer Store in NL is nice :cheers:. The route around KL can be tricky, but the riding is faster than the NB - NL run. The Comfort Inn is average, there was a really strange dude working the desk, no restaurant, we rode to town for dinner, I forget the name, but it was good.

Never stayed at TCP but all reports have been positive. 3 Bears is great, we'll be there in a couple of weeks. Have not stayed with George either, we always stop there for lunch on our way to 3 Bears from NB.

Your last day is a short ride, about 135 twisty miles, you will know when you're approaching NB, the trails begin to straighten, but typically become rather rough at the end of a weekend.

Have a safe ride.

Archived