Water hole E trail just east of Coe hill - just hit it people

I'll Ride Anything

After traffic its opened up pretty wide and fairly deep in the middle. Riders trying to slowly creep around it = swimmers.

We pulled a Yammy (heavy sob) out in the morning and another returning home. Must have been 15-20 sleds stopped there chewing their nails.

It can be bypassed by road fairly easily. If not just hit it and skip it. Slow is not the answer.

We thought about coming back with lawn chairs and a cooler.

We figured a swimmer per hour all day was about right.

After traffic its opened up pretty wide and fairly deep in the middle. Riders trying to slowly creep around it = swimmers.

We pulled a Yammy (heavy sob) out in the morning and another returning home. Must have been 15-20 sleds stopped there chewing their nails.

It can be bypassed by road fairly easily. If not just hit it and skip it. Slow is not the answer.

We thought about coming back with lawn chairs and a cooler.

We figured a swimmer per hour all day was about right.

That dam trail should be CLOSED

It seems every year there's a water hole somewhere between Coe Hill & Ormsby Jct. on TOP E.

From my Ranger ride last season on the main railbed, I see some work was done to eliminate the large flooded area north of the old TOP E turnoff south of Gilmour.

Is the railbed between Coe Hill & Ormsby Jct' owned by the county? Maybe some work could be done on that stretch. Mind you w/ the low price of beaver pelts, they're probably not being trapped.

i wanted to take my Dad who is in his 70's out on Wednesday. The plan was to stage in Coe Hill and go east. I wanted to run the trails on the east side of E106/ E trail. ie go across Limerick and do some looping on the old Hastings trails. Is there another staging area that is on the other side of the BIG HOLE that we could start from?

Is there another staging area that is on the other side of the BIG HOLE that we could start from?

Park on Brinklow Rd (east side of 62 @ 620 jct'). Don't block the entrance to the MTO yard or park across from the gate. The trucks need room to swing out.

So, there is room on the road to park, you just need to stay away from the entrance?

Can I park near to the trail on the road?

No the road is a short dead end. Park there & ride about half a mile to the railbed.

perfect, thanks for the info

No problem.

It seems every year there's a water hole somewhere between Coe Hill & Ormsby Jct. on TOP E.

From my Ranger ride last season on the main railbed, I see some work was done to eliminate the large flooded area north of the old TOP E turnoff south of Gilmour.

Is the railbed between Coe Hill & Ormsby Jct' owned by the county? Maybe some work could be done on that stretch. Mind you w/ the low price of beaver pelts, they're probably not being trapped.

I agree it should be closed if there if we are loosing sleds in the water. Imo that is not passable and should be closed or signs put up for a reroute if possible.

Club had intended to fix this hole as culvert and gravel ready but mother nature had other ideas.

Was either too soft or frozen over.

It like the other previously bad spots thru this troublesome stretch will get fixed.

It's the beavers for sure, it must get broken out gradually.

This was signed so the easy road bypass could be used but some numbskull stole the sign.

This was signed so the easy road bypass could be used but some numbskull stole the sign.

They should've put grease on it.

Bringing new riders to area and want to avoid the waterhole. Will it be signed and or fixed by weekend. Thanks for advise.

CR what roads is the water hole between? Old Hastings, King or The Ridge?

Unlikely this is fixed by the weekend.

The washout is after the Ridge road before King Rd just east of town. There is a no-name access road just between these 2 roads.

This can be recognized by the Caution Children Playing sign (if not stolen) and the small bridge. Washout is at this bridge, easy to turn around.

This section is not groomed so the moguls are a give away more so travelling east to west. Grooming resumes at King Rd.

Turn up the no-name road and scrape the shoulder on Hwy 620 to King Rd and you can see the trail.

Shoulder is alittle nasty but does have an ice layer last I saw and it is a short span, not going to hurt the sled.

Experienced riders can just shoot the water hole.

Club is aware sign was stolen so will be replaced. What value thieves see in these signs I dunno.

CR, I know the place, the house right beside the trail & further east is the little bridge. I was thru there a couple of years ago on my mountain bike, IMO, it looks like someone took a front end loader & scooped a bunch of fill from the old railbed. The "surface" (underwater even in the summer) is several inches below the adjoining portions of the railbed.

Thanks for the info.

went and had a look at this hole today! Here is a picture.

Nice job!

post-21845-0-95575200-1328749607_thumb.jpg

Blow up the beaver house! That'll solve the problem.

Had a great ride today with my Dad. Staged at Brinklow Road ( thanks revrnd), over to Cloyne, up to McArthurs Mill, and back down with a visit to see what the water hole looked like. 270 kms of table top. No there was 3 bumps on the trail into McArthurs mill). By far the best trails I have been on this year! Hats off to all the clubs in the area!

stupid beavers. agrrr they cost clubs so much money, I know how they feel, if its running water they can use old crates, skids and lay tehm in the same direction for the water to pass, then you push snow over it and it should be ok.

The club should find out if there is a licenced trapper for that area and/or contact the MNR. If it's private property the trapper needs permission from the landowner.

Archived