Ice Conditions???

How far away is Horseshoe lake from being staked? What about Otter? I know it won't be staked but how are the ice conditions?? Any reports?

My cottage is on Otter, it is no longer staked as a trail. I did not measure the ice, nor did I see a sled cross it while I was there.

That was before the rain.

My cottage is on the long arm which usually freezes before the north end of the lake but I haven't been up this year. I guess I could give Joe and Sonya a ring and ask them if they've been out.

My cottage is on the long arm which usually freezes before the north end of the lake but I haven't been up this year. I guess I could give Joe and Sonya a ring and ask them if they've been out.

Joe measures it at various points, he is a good source. We are just south of Kellermans.

I'm over on Blackstone. Prior to the thaw on the 23rd we had 8 - 10 inches of black ice in McRoberts Bay at the north end of the lake, haven't trusted it enough this year to go across the whole lake however as it is deep and doesn't freeze as well as Crane Lake. Crane Lake has not yet been staked either.

Local clubs do report that the ice is not yet safe due to the unstable temperatures.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the input.

Does anyone have an update for ice conditions on Horseshoe or Manitouwabing?

The kids are eager to do some sledding so any trail reports for the Parry Sound area would be appreciated!

Thanks Bill! I guess we will stick to the land trails hope things improve!

I'll see if I can get a measurement on Otter tomorrow

Does anyone have an update for ice conditions on Horseshoe or Manitouwabing?

The kids are eager to do some sledding so any trail reports for the Parry Sound area would be appreciated!

lots of slush on manitouwabing. The lake was staked but ice conditions vary. Im a km from the dam and I can hear it roaring from the cottage.

Dont think i will go out on it yet.

lots of slush on manitouwabing. The lake was staked but ice conditions vary. Im a km from the dam and I can hear it roaring from the cottage.

Dont think i will go out on it yet.

Thanks for the warning. Probably a lot of ground water still running?

Archived