Ge Careful With Kids

revrnd

This is the harness we bought when our grandson started going out with us.

http://corneys1.trip...alsite/id7.html

Couldn't see many pictures. Does the child ride in front or behind the adult?

The child can ride either in back or front. Basically both the driver and the child wear a harness and they hook together. I heard this harness was really good and we have seen many people using them. I ordered it and never did use it, main reason was for when he fell asleep and started to lean forward, plus give the driver both hands instead of trying to hold the child up. All that being said, we never used it, he never fell asleep on the sled, not once, no matter how long our rides were! I think it is still in the package at the cottage, I will have to see if I can find it, if so I will offer it up so someone else can try it.

Here is a picture and link to more pictures of how it works.

post-19793-0-62646900-1327420810_thumb.j

As a kid I have always rode in front and my kids do the same untill they were old enough to hold on the back safely, I would rather risk crushing my child rather that have to make an emergency stop or turn and have them fly off and get run over by another sled. I have had to get out of the way a few times because of idiots on the trails and if my young son was on the back I don't know where he would of ended up..Go slow and easy have fun..

I always rode with my nephew up front since he was 2yrs old til I moved when he was 7, the main thing is ride a slower speeds and when there is no traffic, of course alwasy ask them if they are cold or tired

From the CHEX TV website:

Child hurt in snomobile collision remains in Sick Kids

January 27, 2012

A 3 year old boy injured in a snowmobile accident a week ago in the former Mariposa Township, remains in hospital. Police say the boy was standing beside the machine while the driver sat idling near Grills Road. Unbeknownst to the driver the boy grabbed the accelerator which set the machine in motion, hitting him.

I guess the little guy was anxious to go riding.

One comment I haven't seen is a neck ring that you can buy from Royal or any motocross shop. I won't let my kids ride without one whether it be the sled or ATV.

We sell them too. ASN has removed them from karting as they feel that they cause injuries. At one time they were manditory know not manditory. Jury is out on these devices .

One comment I haven't seen is a neck ring that you can buy from Royal or any motocross shop. I won't let my kids ride without one whether it be the sled or ATV.

when i bought helmet for daughter...3yrs old,,lady insisted i get one & knocked off 25% to make sure i got it...not a bad idea for anyone on long distance rides...might work for those couch crashes too...son rode in front...now daugher will...can't imagine them falling off back...at least in front you can grab them...but head on...they are your air bag...don't think tied together is best either....know cops go up & down you when you have kid on front...

There was a report on the radio today about the Mariposa Twp. accident. No charges are being laid. It appears the young lad climbed up on the seat & grabbed the "accelerator" then the sled headed for a house. It also said the boy was still @ Sick Kids for treatment of his injuries which are considered non-life threatening. I hope this incident doesn't dampen his enjoyment of the sport.

Archived