Englehart/Kirkland/Larder Lake Area

Trailrider

We went out with another couple on the freshly groomed trail from Englehart, to Larder Lake for lunch, then over to Kirkland Lake, before returning to Englehart today. Trails were in beautiful condition, and the scenery was amazing. Only saw maybe a dozen other sleds on the trails today. Nice and clear sunny day. Couldn't ask for better weather. Get off the trail and your into 2.5-3 ft of powder though.

IMG_0136.jpg

Trailrider

The conditions look great thanks for the up-date in that area we are coming up in February

nice picture

zrtkat

Thankks for the pic and the update. Hope to be in New Liskeard Gowganda and Shining Tree next week.

We went out with another couple on the freshly groomed trail from Englehart, to Larder Lake for lunch, then over to Kirkland Lake, before returning to Englehart today. Trails were in beautiful condition, and the scenery was amazing. Only saw maybe a dozen other sleds on the trails today. Nice and clear sunny day. Couldn't ask for better weather. Get off the trail and your into 2.5-3 ft of powder though.

IMG_0136.jpg

Hay,what is she doing riding my sled. JK

Got a short warm front coming through, and maybe a little snow, rain, freezing rain. Supposed to get cold again right after.

Went over to Charlton, and sad to say, if you get in the open fields they are so windswept that dirt is coming through. New Liskeard, Earlton area is still a little lacking as it is a lot of open flat Ontario "prarie".

From Englehart north is fabulous though. Almost all bush riding so lots of snow.

Will keep all updated as week goes on.

Hey Catinental, you have great taste I see. We just picked this up actually and love it. She reallllly likes the heated seats. Do you have the Cat-comm headsets, and if so, do you like/use them?

Got a short warm front coming through, and maybe a little snow, rain, freezing rain. Supposed to get cold again right after.

Went over to Charlton, and sad to say, if you get in the open fields they are so windswept that dirt is coming through. New Liskeard, Earlton area is still a little lacking as it is a lot of open flat Ontario "prarie".

From Englehart north is fabulous though. Almost all bush riding so lots of snow.

Will keep all updated as week goes on.

Hey Catinental, you have great taste I see. We just picked this up actually and love it. She reallllly likes the heated seats. Do you have the Cat-comm headsets, and if so, do you like/use them?

After myself and the dealer got through the electrical gremlins,the sled has been great.I do have the full communication

system(driver to passenger and sled to sled)but no one that I ride with has any comm.sets and no one seems to want to ride on

the 2up seat.I wonder if they don't like my driving.I do have the satelite radio hookup and I like that very much.We have a bunch

of holidays coming up and we may get up your way.It won't be hard to pick that sled out of a group.

Which restaurant is open in Larder Lake? The one on the main street with a motel?

Yes, it is called the Comfort Motor Inn.

Hey Catinental, if you are coming up our way feel free to give us a shout before, maybe could meet for a ride. The neighbour comes up from Lagoon City every weekend, not too far from yourself also. If you are ever interested in selling the comm headsets, please get ahold of me before advertising them.

Hey TrailRider,

Welcome to the Forum ! Thanks for posting good information on your trails. It is really very much appreciated. You will see by the other posts on OC that there is lots of great information exchanged. Trail conditions for sure, Hotels/Motels, restaurants and other topics pertaining to the sport we all love so much. Please continue to post freely and feel welcome to browse through all sorts of other sledding related information in here. Oh, and there is some non-sled stuff too because all snowmobilers like to have a little fun !

ENJOY ! :D

Archived