2011 Record (22,150 miles in 60 days)

Canuck

The Topic Title sums up his record achievement. A little too much Yamaha rhetoric in the reporting, but a great achievement nonetheless.

Nick Keller sets a new world record by riding 22,150 miles in 60 days ...

After riding 19,506 miles in just 60 days to set a new world record in 2010, Minnesota’s Nick Keller decided to do it all again in 2011. This time riding 22,150 miles in 60 days on the SAME Yamaha RS Vector GT he completed his last journey on. In just these two snowmobile seasons, Nick has amassed an impressive 43,150 total miles on his RS Vector; a true testament to Yamaha 4-stroke reliability (hey, I received this info. from a Yamaha link :wtf: ) .

“Obviously, he needed a sled that wouldn’t let him down in his efforts, so the Vector GT was a perfect fit.” commented Yamaha Snowmobile Marketing Manger Wade West. With this incredible machine, Nick averaged over 369 miles a day; one day even managing to hit 522 miles! This ride not only helped him break the world record, but also to raise cancer awareness. For more information, or to track Nick’s record breaking journey day by day, visit the Keller Family Community Foundation website.

Bravo to the rider, sled and the charitable foundation he supported. :right_on:

And he didn't need 2 sled!

I WANT HIS JOB!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! Quite an achievement! :right_on::right_on:

I WANT HIS JOB!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! Quite an achievement! :right_on::right_on:

I agree in part,,,but never would I ride and make it a job,,,,, :right_on:

with the backing of 2 dealers and the factory,any sled could meet this milestone,,,fact is I read his blog,and they pretty much put in repairs and mantainance what a new sled would have cost,,,,,

I agree in part,,,but never would I ride and make it a job,,,,, :right_on:

with the backing of 2 dealers and the factory,any sled could meet this milestone,,,fact is I read his blog,and they pretty much put in repairs and mantainance what a new sled would have cost,,,,,

I was thinking more of a job that would allow two months off to sled and pay enough to sled for two months!!!

I was thinking more of a job that would allow two months off to sled and pay enough to sled for two months!!!

ahhhhh,,,they call that retirement,,,,,and borrowing,,,, :rotflmao::rotflmao:

when I had my business (spring/summer/fall related) I would live to ride in the winter,,I have done ok over the past 17 yrs,,I missed 3 seasons,one do to back injury,the other 2,1 in Montreal(not much snow here or there that yr) and 1 in Vancouver(to many avalanche warnings for me,lots of deaths that year. I have seen seedlings grow and then harvested,,,,forests where fields exist today and vice versus,but the passion to ride has never left. :right_on::right_on:

LarrySled1.jpg

ahhhhh,,,they call that retirement,,,,,and borrowing,,,, :rotflmao::rotflmao:

when I had my business (spring/summer/fall related) I would live to ride in the winter,,I have done ok over the past 17 yrs,,I missed 3 seasons,one do to back injury,the other 2,1 in Montreal(not much snow here or there that yr) and 1 in Vancouver(to many avalanche warnings for me,lots of deaths that year. I have seen seedlings grow and then harvested,,,,forests where fields exist today and vice versus,but the passion to ride has never left. :right_on::right_on:

LarrySled1.jpg

And many good friends along the way! :right_on::right_on:

Great pic I gotta admit I really enjoyed riding with Larry.

you mean "riding beside Larry",,,, :rotflmao::rotflmao:

you mean "riding beside Larry",,,, :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Funny he and I could play for miles on the lake and never touch we always gave each other lots of room and never cut each other off. Unlike someone else I know :poke2:

Funny he and I could play for miles on the lake and never touch we always gave each other lots of room and never cut each other off. Unlike someone else I know :poke2:

the guy in front has the line,,,,if the guy following hits him,,,well,,,just saying,,,, :icon_photo::icon_photo::icon_naughty: seem someone was trying that 20 years later,,,, :rotflmao:

the guy in front has the line,,,,if the guy following hits him,,,well,,,just saying,,,, :icon_photo::icon_photo::icon_naughty: seem someone was trying that 20 years later,,,, :rotflmao:

When you are riding 20 feet over you are to ensure that the way is clear prior to changing lanes. And yes I noticed that you are a slow learner :poke2: I gave you room and proceeded to blow you you off the lake :wavey:

When you are riding 20 feet over you are to ensure that the way is clear prior to changing lanes. And yes I noticed that you are a slow learner :poke2: I gave you room and proceeded to blow you you off the lake :wavey:

had to let go pass,,,,,your ego was still bruised from the 80's,,,, :rotflmao::rotflmao:

No it wasn't hard I saw you coming and thought "The dumbass is up to his old tricks :crazy_grn: "

funny I was thinking the same thing,,,, :coffeespit::coffeespit::coffeespit:

Dej Vu same as before I didn't turn You did.

well your memory is good,,,,, :coffeespit:

Thats right you turned into me.

just a little off though,,,,, :rotflmao::rotflmao: correct,, :right_on:

Archived