Zrtkat & Crew the week of the 21st

zrtkat

depending on when you leave kat, you might not have that bad of a drive at all. our storm is supposed to start out with snow this afternoon. then switch over to sleet, rain, and freezing rain but, they dont know where the line will be exactly. sounds like somewhere from the m59 to the I69 corridor will be the temp line. then the storm is going to switch back over to all snow. could be all rain, could be 20" of snow. could be a mix. sounds like about 5-8" of snow here. i am hoping for no freezing rain because i am an insurance adjuster and my workload will skyrocket with a storm like that. people cant drive on rain or snow, let alone freezing rain. ah, i guess you can call it, job security. LOL

drive safe. have fun. wishing i was goin with you. but, with your updates, i am. and for that we ALL thank you! ski

Ski

just getting ready to leave here in Ohio in 15 minutes running late as usual checking weather hopefully we get through there before it hits looks like a pretty big storm ICE do not like that .LOL.

will keep up-date nightly hope we have a good trip like you did last week.

have a great sunday

zrtkat

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's -12c this mourning. No snow last night. My buddy was talking to a couple of guys that got back from the north trail yesterday , not sure how far up and they said that the trail was in great shape, there was some ice that made it slippery, but it was good. Have a good trip Zrtkat.

Kat, it is noon here.... still no snow or rain yet in central lower mich. if you make it this far before 1-200pm i doubt you'll have any weather driving issues. drive safe, ski

Kat, it is noon here.... still no snow or rain yet in central lower mich. if you make it this far before 1-200pm i doubt you'll have any weather driving issues. drive safe, ski

Ski

we made it through Michigan no bad weather

thanks for the up-date

zrtkat

glad to hear you made it. it started spitting snow about 2:00pm, by 2:25 we had about 1/2 an inch and the decks were covered. we have been getting on avg an inch an hour or more. i just got off the tractor from plowing for 2 hours to get the drive clean. the decks have been shoveled 3 times and it is still comming down about an inch and hour. the wind is starting to blow super hard too.

we had bare ground here till 2pm. now we have close to a foot i would guess. weds and thursday it looks to go above freezing and melt alot of it again. some weird weather we are having. enjoy the trip. we are all envious of you guys. ski

Archived