Looking for lunch stop in Port of Orillia

Kahshe Rider

Trying to plan at Saturday ride from Kahshe to Port of Orillia. Trail conditions permitable, want to come down SC 4 to 15 to Orillia 204, then take the lake to Orillia. Is there any lunch stop anyone would suggest close to the lake trail able to accommodate a large group of 15 sledders?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, curious about trail conditions on the east side of the lake i.e. B going toward Snowcrest trails. Would like to do a loop back to Kahshe but not sure about the conditions on B.

Cheers

Best suggestion......forget doing it unless you like rocks and bare roads.

We rode the 15 and 4 yesterday as part of a loop from the wharf and back. They are toast.

Best suggestion......forget doing it unless you like rocks and bare roads.

We rode the 15 and 4 yesterday as part of a loop from the wharf and back. They are toast.

I hear ya. Only way we'll do this is if conditions change this week.

Orillia trails were great last weekend. I realize that your challenge is getting down there, but once you do, you'll be in great shape.

Railway line from Coldwater to Orillia a bit choppy sat., but groomed for Sunday.

Lake Couch. Is staked and well marked to Orillia (I aim for Cdn tire gas bar - well marked on lake)

Railway line from Orillia towards Barrie is tabletop smooth.

(will provide trail numbers later - banging this out on iPad :banghead:)

Trying to plan at Saturday ride from Kahshe to Port of Orillia. Trail conditions permitable, want to come down SC 4 to 15 to Orillia 204, then take the lake to Orillia. Is there any lunch stop anyone would suggest close to the lake trail able to accommodate a large group of 15 sledders?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, curious about trail conditions on the east side of the lake i.e. B going toward Snowcrest trails. Would like to do a loop back to Kahshe but not sure about the conditions on B.

Cheers

Once you get ashore, you can take 203 towards town. There is a Kelsey's marked on the interactive map. in addition, there is an East Side Marios, Swiss Chalet, and a couple of different burger type joints (Harvey's, Arbys, A & W) in that area.

I figure the chains would find it easier to accommodate a large group.

There is also Sixteen Front (Sixteen Front) if you want something fancier. It is close to where you get to shore but I am not sure of directions. STG could help you with that one if you are interested.

Good Luck

Trails 4 and 15 will lead to Trail 204, which involves up to 2 kms. of road travel (if you take the shorter route to the lake and not 204 into B105C)). A light dusting of snow helped last Sunday. If you suffer through trails 4 and 15, and then stare at 2 kms. of road, you might get 'voted off the island'.

Fingers crossed for snow.

(Once on the ice, follow signs for Canadian Tire Gas Bar to get to some of the restaurants Sledjunk mentioned. From the gas bar, go south on trail 203 about 2 kms, until you're under the Hwy. 12 bridge. Restaurants are up the hill. Clearly marked).

SPEED LIMIT of 20 KM/H. WAS ENFORCED SAT. NIGHT. I was forewarned by a rider approaching, when stopped at a light. OPP was monitoring speed, and were parked between Tim Horton's and the gov't office (MTO?).

PS - Kudos to the Town of Orillia for providing clearly marked trails through town. I shared those trails with pedestrians, and now understand why they have that speed limit. It is not a dedicated snowmobile trail. Penetang has the same set-up.

Once you get ashore, you can take 203 towards town. There is a Kelsey's marked on the interactive map. in addition, there is an East Side Marios, Swiss Chalet, and a couple of different burger type joints (Harvey's, Arbys, A & W) in that area.

I figure the chains would find it easier to accommodate a large group.

There is also Sixteen Front (Sixteen Front) if you want something fancier. It is close to where you get to shore but I am not sure of directions. STG could help you with that one if you are interested.

Good Luck

Sixteen Front Street may not be a good choice this weekend because the Orillia Winter Carnival

is on until sunday night and the whole port of Orillia will be crazy busy.

you could go to just eddies...it is in atherley...follow stakes to south end of couchicing lk...head east...groomed trail right to food & gas...would call ahead & sledders get 10% off...705 326 9332

Archived