Fergus/Elora to Sauble Beach

firecat7

Anyone ever made this run before,just wondering how long it took (riding at a decent pace)and the best route to take.

I'm guessing about 6 hours with only a fuel stop or two.

Done it a few times..You just have to decide when to jump to the west. B202, cross at Mt Forest to the B111 then just north club trail to Ayton and Neustadt ..I asked about food in Neustadt on another post which wouldn't be a bad lunch spot and then run up the center or go west from there to Walkerton to B108 or run ,Hanover,Chesley .. If you cross at Mt Forest, gas is close but I'm sure you're better further up. Not sure of the distance (I'm old, I forget) but Walkerton is probably good or Chesley.

Where you going at the Beach?

Done it a few times..You just have to decide when to jump to the west. B202, cross at Mt Forest to the B111 then just north club trail to Ayton and Neustadt ..I asked about food in Neustadt on another post which wouldn't be a bad lunch spot and then run up the center or go west from there to Walkerton to B108 or run ,Hanover,Chesley .. If you cross at Mt Forest, gas is close but I'm sure you're better further up. Not sure of the distance (I'm old, I forget) but Walkerton is probably good or Chesley.

Where you going at the Beach?

Hey Faceman,we're headed to the cottage...finally! remember me?

We were thinkin about catchin the b108 and runnin west to around Wroxeter to the b109 and north to Sauble??

Hey Faceman,we're headed to the cottage...finally! remember me?

We were thinkin about catchin the b108 and runnin west to around Wroxeter to the b109 and north to Sauble??

Yeap..thats B109 to 108. Trails are great the further north you get.

Wiarton Willie this week although the Poker Run is Weds . Trails last weekend were well looked after. Should have a great ride!

I should be floating around somewhere this weekend...Check out the Smoking Gun!

We did a trip from around Ayton to Sauble and back on Sat.

Went from Ayton up through Hanover, Chesley (gas), north through Tara, Allenford to the " B" . Great trails all the way up and also B trail was a nice trip into Sauble where we had lunch.

Headed back down the B108 again great trails untill we hit Saugeen Trails which were awful. Gased up at Port Elgin, then detoured through Paisley hoping to find smoother trails but rough all the way to Walkerton.

Just south of there we turned over to Hanover and great trails (although a little beat by now) all the way home.

Total I think was around 180 miles in 8 hours includes lunch.

Did a small loop Friday too, from Dunkeld we took the 108 down below Walkerton and Saugeen trails hadn't been groomed then either.

Great job Hanover, Chesley and around Sauble.

I have a couple of friends who leave from St Jacobs and run up to a cottage at Sauble. They say its easily done in 5 1/2 to 6 hours as Faceman says.

Archived