sled ramps

mooseski

looking for a used set of ramps to put the sled in the back of my truck, getting sick of trailering 1 sled around

thanks

When I had a pickup I used a set of 2x10 with 2x2 screwed to the 2 outside boards and a board for the centre with a piece of old track screwed to it. The 2x2 help guide the skis up the boards and stopped the carbides from biting in. I put ramp ends on the end of the boards and drilled a hole through it in to the tailgate then just dropped a bold in while loading/unloading to hold them in place. The truck was quit high so the wood ramps aloud me to have longer ramps. I found 8' was to short causing the sled to hang up on the belly pan. 10' worked well for the 98 GT SE the triple triple I had at the time and it was heavy to say the least.

When I had a pickup I used a set of 2x10 with 2x2 screwed to the 2 outside boards and a board for the centre with a piece of old track screwed to it. The 2x2 help guide the skis up the boards and stopped the carbides from biting in. I put ramp ends on the end of the boards and drilled a hole through it in to the tailgate then just dropped a bold in while loading/unloading to hold them in place. The truck was quit high so the wood ramps aloud me to have longer ramps. I found 8' was to short causing the sled to hang up on the belly pan. 10' worked well for the 98 GT SE the triple triple I had at the time and it was heavy to say the least.

I always used a snow bank :P There is a company in collingwoood I believe that makes great pickup truck ramps. They slide out, drive the sled on and then they slide back in. They are pricy though. I forget the company name.

I purchased a sled ramp off of a guy out in Port Perry. Roller ramp, best ramp ever used. The sled does not touch the bed of the truch. I believe he is a member on OC, Rampman?

I always used a snow bank :P There is a company in collingwoood I believe that makes great pickup truck ramps. They slide out, drive the sled on and then they slide back in. They are pricy though. I forget the company name.

I found the truck too high and snow banks too low to rely on them. The wood ramps worked great and very cheap. Now the truck is gone and I have a trailer so the ramps have been used to make repairs around the cottage. Turns out the ramps were even cheaper.

I purchased a sled ramp off of a guy out in Port Perry. Roller ramp, best ramp ever used. The sled does not touch the bed of the truch. I believe he is a member on OC, Rampman?

dos he only have new or dos he have used ones to.

thanks

dos he only have new or dos he have used ones to.

thanks

You can send him a PM. His name on here is Rampman.

I bought a set of bi-fold ramps from Princess Auto http://www.princessauto.com/trailer/truck/truck-accessories/loading-ramps/8291122-77-x-50-tri-fold-aluminum-ramp and they work great to get my machine in & out of the truck. To secure the ramps for loading the machine I use rachet straps that I hook on to the ramps & my truck hitch. After you are done loading the ramps fold up and you can leave in the back of the truck. I also picked up an old truck liner and cut 2 strips out of it and screwed it on to both sides of the ramp (where the ski would go)to help running the skis into the truck.

To avoid the carbides & studs tearing up my spray in liner I picked up a 2nd liner and put it in over the stray in liner. I take out the extra liner after sled season. I picked up both liners for free on Kijiji.

I agree, Rampman's are second to none.

If your looking for him, try the Port Perry site

www.portperrysnowmobileclub.com or PM Nutter and see if knows how to get in touch with him.

Archived