Finally got the sled back

steveo

Its been a week but well worth the wait. Had the sled at Mike Lemays shop and he did a top end rebuild with a Wiseco Kit, changed the Intake boots, fixed the reverse, cleaned and checked the primary, replaced the carbides, and a little more all for under what I was expecting. This guy is great to deal with and would highly recommend him for the job.

I don't know if he comes out here but Thanks Mike for your patiences with me and your professionalism on the job!

2 :right_on: up

Glad Mike got you fixed up again and ready to ride.

So am I, hoping to go for a little ride tomorrow, nothing hard just an easy ride to break the new top end in. Anyone out tomorrow I'll be on 01 mxz 800, if at night look for the neons.......

Its been a week but well worth the wait. Had the sled at Mike Lemays shop and he did a top end rebuild with a Wiseco Kit, changed the Intake boots, fixed the reverse, cleaned and checked the primary, replaced the carbides, and a little more all for under what I was expecting. This guy is great to deal with and would highly recommend him for the job.

I don't know if he comes out here but Thanks Mike for your patiences with me and your professionalism on the job!

2 :right_on: up

What ever U do make sure U let the motor warm up with those lungs(pistons) Mikey put in for U.They are a great piston,just have to have patience and let motor warm up before getting on it.

Thanks Lep, Mike informed me of the do's and don't with breaking it in, I always let my sleds warm up first (how long it takes to drink a beer) J/K for about 15 minutes and I wont be given her for a few hundered miles at first. Will just be taking it easy for the first little bit and trail running (hopefully) see ya out there......

Their is this method of breaking in a new motor.

Break in method

Their is this method of breaking in a new motor.

Break in method

How many km's were on the orginally motor. Any idea what caused it to go down. Just wondering. I have been lucky and have never had a motor go down. I put high km's on all of my sleds :-). I usually sell them at 20,000km. Never had one go down before that, knock on wood.

breking in a new motor,,,,, :mrgreen:

Archived