Started staking

Yukon

I received some pictures from some of our dedicated club volunteers from a staking job that took place yesterday on Gloucester pool and little lake .....

We need more snow before we can open up our trails ,we need to still fill in the low spots but the groomer has been out packing ...

Special thanks go out to Yamaharules (Big Doug) , daughter Amber , Big Jim and the man behind the camera Bud...

Thanks guys for getting the job done and making a route of travel for us......

168602_10150362018845483_788885482_16494524_3457810_n.jpg

166326_10150362018600483_788885482_16494514_2714242_n.jpg

168482_10150362018690483_788885482_16494520_4399257_n.jpg

163729_10150362018420483_788885482_16494511_1287420_n.jpg

Paul that is fantastic news! I love sledding up there. My buddy's family has a cottage on Gloucester pool. In fact, I think exactly where you are standing in that picture is where his Formula SL blew up last year. and I laughed... and laughed.......and laughed.

Looks like more snow is coming. You havent' been getting the west to east off the lake this year as much as normal, it seems that we've been getting the majority of the squalls in SW Ontario.

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication.

-Stu

Paul that is fantastic news! I love sledding up there. My buddy's family has a cottage on Gloucester pool. In fact, I think exactly where you are standing in that picture is where his Formula SL blew up last year. and I laughed... and laughed.......and laughed.

Looks like more snow is coming. You havent' been getting the west to east off the lake this year as much as normal, it seems that we've been getting the majority of the squalls in SW Ontario.

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication.

-Stu

Yeah story of our life .... How come Midland and the railbed has been opened but your club hasn't done anything ????? :phonecall: No Snow , it's unreal how much the the bands effect us , last year we had 6cm fall in that spot with a squall and just north on Six mile it had 50cm :banghead: ...

Yeah thats near the Nicholsons Marina on your way through Little Go Home bay.....

Thanks for the time spent staking the lake. Great photos.

I received some pictures from some of our dedicated club volunteers from a staking job that took place yesterday on Gloucester pool and little lake .....

We need more snow before we can open up our trails ,we need to still fill in the low spots but the groomer has been out packing ...

Special thanks go out to Yamaharules (Big Doug) , daughter Amber , Big Jim and the man behind the camera Bud...

What are the rules for staking a lake? How many inches of ice, etc?

I drilled holes in Little Whitefish (District 10) yesterday. Even though there are lots of sleds out there, I won't go. There was only about 5 inches of fairly soft ice under the snow, and that's based on probably 6 or 8 holes in various spots.

I drilled holes in Little Whitefish (District 10) yesterday. Even though there are lots of sleds out there, I won't go. There was only about 5 inches of fairly soft ice under the snow, and that's based on probably 6 or 8 holes in various spots.

We never received any significant snow that would have blanketed (insulated) the ice ... I believe we require 9" solid Black (clear) ice but don't quote me ...

As usual use Ice crossings at your own risk and never asume the ice is safe , conditions change hourly.....

NO ICE is safe !

Know before you go !

:right_on:

Looks great, sending vibes to the snow gods.

Looks great, sending vibes to the snow gods.

VIBES????

Yeah us to if you want to call it that! :soapbox:

Archived