Parking in D-8!

Viperules700

Is it better to park at the snow voyage club house or at the groomer shed. I was thinking about parking at the club house, never been there before. I have the address though. Is this alright?

We have parked at the club house on Snow Valley Rd many times without any issues including an overnight once. They had a ramp there if you have a sled in the back of a pickup and the trail access runs right from the parking area. The times we have used it, there has been a heated section of the clubhouse open where you can gear up and have a coffee. It's a nice setup. I have seen it busy there so think about going earlier to be sure and get a spot.

Cool.

Never thought about launching from there.

There are days when Toronto friends want to meet me somewhere closer to Toronto (than Port Severn - Baxter, our usual meeting place).

I'll keep this in mind. If it's okay to park, I'll let them know.

Is it better to park at the snow voyage club house or at the groomer shed. I was thinking about parking at the club house, never been there before. I have the address though. Is this alright?

The club house lot can be full by 9am, like today. Many parked along the road but heading up to the groomer shed is a better option as it is usually less busy. The club still has 1 of it's groomers down from last week. A Lamtrac was sent down from the Cardon club but it went down with wheel bearing problems last night. If the trails are not perfect at least you know why.

Where is the groomer shed?

Is there a large parking lot?

Can i assume the groomer shed is right on the trail?

The shed is on Coughlin Rd. just north of Horseshoe Valley Rd. in Anten Mills, about 10 min north of the club house by car. It's on the rail line 'C' just 1/2 km south of the 'B' 'C' junction.

The shed is on Coughlin Rd. just north of Horseshoe Valley Rd. in Anten Mills, about 10 min north of the club house by car. It's on the rail line 'C' just 1/2 km south of the 'B' 'C' junction.

Great directions Rev, I only can get there by sled, LOL

Yes, if using the clubhouse, you should be there early.

Great directions Rev, I only can get there by sled, LOL

Yes, if using the clubhouse, you should be there early.

I think there was 35 or more trailers parked at the club house lot and on the road.

Cool.

Never thought about launching from there.

There are days when Toronto friends want to meet me somewhere closer to Toronto (than Port Severn - Baxter, our usual meeting place).

I'll keep this in mind. If it's okay to park, I'll let them know.

Canuck... the Wasaga Club House is in the sports park at the corner of Powerline Road and Klondike Park Rd. Klondike Park Rd. runs off of Hwy 26 between Minising and Stayner for anyone coming from Toronto. Huge plowed parking lot. The club house was open with a washroom available when I was there. The B trail runs east and west from there. Lots of places to eat near by and they had lots of snow last weekend with more in the forecast.

Thanks guys. Both will be a great meeting point.

Archived