Barrie Open Again

Bark Biter

Trails from the Sno Voyageurs Club House in Barrie are open once again.

Just did another loop and the trails are in great shape.

Trails from the Sno Voyageurs Club House in Barrie are open once again.

Just did another loop and the trails are in great shape.

Great News. But really,

this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

anyone riding this area on sunday???

I still have probs posting pics here, but will try to get one up. Still will not work, do not feel like resizing tonight.

They are now on my fb page though, LOL http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=258622&id=539025763

Check out John's new parking spot, LOL :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Viperrules, Sunday, yes we hope to ride the trails again.

I still have probs posting pics here, but will try to get one up. Still will not work, do not feel like resizing tonight.

They are now on my fb page though, LOL http://www.facebook....22&id=539025763

Check out John's new parking spot, LOL :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Viperrules, Sunday, yes we hope to ride the trails again.

Problem is that many of us do not use facebook so we cannot log in to view your pics.

The easiest way is to use something like photobucket (Photobucket). Once you set it up, you can set the resolution that you want the pics to be stored in, I find 640 x 480 works for me) and then when you upload the photos, they are resized automatically. You can then select any pics that you want to post, and the site will generate image code that you can simply paste into your post here.

Moosifer & I are looking to go green (or yellow)  :rotflmao:

We will be heading out Saturday noonish and want to stay in the riding area.

Any suggestions of lodging in the Barrie / Midhurst / Phelpston area that is trail accessible?  Barring that, any suggestions anywhere in D8 where the trails are open?

Thanks.

Maybe the Comfort Inn in Midland. Barrie is missing the Hotel with direct trail access and this is one of the reasons the Horseshoe trail is impotant to get open.

Problem is that many of us do not use facebook so we cannot log in to view your pics.

The easiest way is to use something like photobucket (Photobucket). Once you set it up, you can set the resolution that you want the pics to be stored in, I find 640 x 480 works for me) and then when you upload the photos, they are resized automatically. You can then select any pics that you want to post, and the site will generate image code that you can simply paste into your post here.

Yeah the photobucket thing again, I used to use it all time as well as my webshots account, but get tired of uploading to here, there and everywhere, but will give it shot again, LOL

Hope this works, Webshots

2992417690040319772psnqao_th.jpg

th_1020.jpg

th_1001.jpg

th_1002.jpg

th_1003.jpg

th_1004.jpg

th_1005.jpg

th_1006.jpg

th_1008.jpg

th_1010.jpg

th_1011.jpg

th_1012.jpg

th_1014.jpg

th_1015.jpg

th_1016.jpg

th_1017.jpg

th_1018.jpg

th_1019.jpg

Yeah the photobucket thing again, I used to use it all time as well as my webshots account, but get tired of uploading to here, there and everywhere, but will give it shot again, LOL

Looking good!

We are thinking about heading to Barrie on Monday morning, only green I see on map. :(

Where is the best place to unload and park :wtf:

You can stage at the Sno Voyageurs club house on Snow Valley Road.

Direct access to the trail from the parking lot.

- Any suggestions on doing an overnighter in the Barrie/Wasaga/Midland/Collingwood area?

- Looking at heading up that way on Thursday/Friday.

- Where would a good hotel/motel be to launch from and ride 2 different loops each day?

- What about parking at Sno Voyageurs Club House in Barrie, and saddlebagging from there?

- Looking to do a good days ride, get a room/dinner, then ride back again the next day.

- All help is GREATLY appreciated!

Hope this works, Webshots

I thought we would see you guys today. Looks like you went the opposite dirction. Smart move.

- Any suggestions on doing an overnighter in the Barrie/Wasaga/Midland/Collingwood area?

- Looking at heading up that way on Thursday/Friday.

- Where would a good hotel/motel be to launch from and ride 2 different loops each day?

- What about parking at Sno Voyageurs Club House in Barrie, and saddlebagging from there?

- Looking to do a good days ride, get a room/dinner, then ride back again the next day.

- All help is GREATLY appreciated!

Moosifer & I just came back yesterday from Wasaga Beach. We stayed at the Saga Resort and it was a good place but maybe a bit pricey? ($145). We sledded from Wasaga to Collingwood. Conditions were good early season with a few water spots on hills , etc. There were some areas with drifting and a few minutes later you were almost on dirt. Some of the areas are pretty thin.

We had a couple of issues with trail markings coming into Collingwood. When you get to High Street, there is no indication as to where to go other than some tracks to the right and scratching over the bridge and along the boulevard along the road. We stopped at Montana's for lunch and then backtracked, but apparently the trail continues further about a block and then crosses the road at the lights. There are apparently trails signs after the lights. :headbang::headbang:

The other issue we had was in Stayner after crossing Hwy 26. The trail coming in was along side the rail line but after you cross the highway, you follow the tracks to behind then first building and then run down the road (to your right) to the next intersection and turn left to get back to the rail line and rejoin the trail. All of this is unmarked as well!!!

Hope this helps

anyone riding this area on sunday???

On Sunday there was at least 35 trailers at the club house. :shock:

post-19706-0-33381200-1294679090_thumb.j

post-19706-0-99852900-1294679072_thumb.j

Moosifer & I just came back yesterday from Wasaga Beach. We stayed at the Saga Resort and it was a good place but maybe a bit pricey? ($145). We sledded from Wasaga to Collingwood. Conditions were good early season with a few water spots on hills , etc. There were some areas with drifting and a few minutes later you were almost on dirt. Some of the areas are pretty thin.

We had a couple of issues with trail markings coming into Collingwood. When you get to High Street, there is no indication as to where to go other than some tracks to the right and scratching over the bridge and along the boulevard along the road. We stopped at Montana's for lunch and then backtracked, but apparently the trail continues further about a block and then crosses the road at the lights. There are apparently trails signs after the lights. :headbang::headbang:

The other issue we had was in Stayner after crossing Hwy 26. The trail coming in was along side the rail line but after you cross the highway, you follow the tracks to behind then first building and then run down the road (to your right) to the next intersection and turn left to get back to the rail line and rejoin the trail. All of this is unmarked as well!!!

Hope this helps

- Thanks Sledjunk!!

Had good luck with snow in Wasaga / Collingwood area last Saturday. I know there is a motel in Wasaga that shouldn't be all that pricey. If you come into the beach on hwy 92 from Elmvale the road splits left and right at the Foodland. Take the right split and it will take you past Boston Pizza KFC etc. As you go over the bridge that crosses the river if you go to the right there is a Motel on the beach front that is open year round. All the restaraunts you need are close by. I can't remember the name of the Motel but if you call the Wasaga Chamber of Commerce I am sure they could tell you.

If you want to head out from Midland there is the King's Inn Motel. Samll clean comfortable rooms at a good price. I have staid there often. They are on King St. The trail is just up the road from there. I would trailer less than a mile to King and Hwy 12 then start out from there. You could park in the Walmart lot and set out on the trail which is directly across on the opposite side of the hwy.

Had good luck with snow in Wasaga / Collingwood area last Saturday. I know there is a motel in Wasaga that shouldn't be all that pricey. If you come into the beach on hwy 92 from Elmvale the road splits left and right at the Foodland. Take the right split and it will take you past Boston Pizza KFC etc. As you go over the bridge that crosses the river if you go to the right there is a Motel on the beach front that is open year round. All the restaraunts you need are close by. I can't remember the name of the Motel but if you call the Wasaga Chamber of Commerce I am sure they could tell you.

If you want to head out from Midland there is the King's Inn Motel. Samll clean comfortable rooms at a good price. I have staid there often. They are on King St. The trail is just up the road from there. I would trailer less than a mile to King and Hwy 12 then start out from there. You could park in the Walmart lot and set out on the trail which is directly across on the opposite side of the hwy.

- Thanks for replies!

- Hoping to head there this week, and we'll see how we make out!

I thought we would see you guys today. Looks like you went the opposite dirction. Smart move.

We ended up heading into Midland then back.

I did see you for a brief second at the club house, would have been better if you were on the sled though.

Just east of Barrie has anyone been on the 421 trail yet.

Just east of Barrie has anyone been on the 421 trail yet.

Still closed and thin on snow with an ungroomed swamp in the middle.

421 cuts through my back yard. Right where it crosses 93. It's listed as closed, but it's groomed and has had steady traffic most nights this week. It's more then passable and except for the short swamp part can get you to hwy11 Shell station and back to Midhurst without too much trouble.

Archived