??? regarding VALENTINE FARMS

XTC500

Hi, I see a lot of recommendations here for VALENTINE FARMS. Their web site says they offer B&B and are close to other amenities. Are other restaurants, for diner, walking distance, or do we need to ride to get to them. I'd rather not have to hop on the sled in case we have a few pops with dinner. Thanks

I'm pretty sure you'll need a ride to get to any restaurants. We didn't roll into the place until 11 PM due to a breakdown so we didn't have dinner in Chapleau that day.

Chapleau is pretty spread out with the tracks separating the community in one direction and the river in the other. Most of the business district is on the other side of the tracks from Valentines. The Three Mill's complex is north of the river. There is an overhead roundabout to get over the tracks, beer store right there, several eateries downtown as well as Liquor store. Gas on trail at south end of town as well as KFC and pizza. I believe they have a taxi service.

We ate dinner at Valentine's. Call ahead and discuss options with the owner.

One of the other sled groups took a taxi into town.

Great place. Wonderful owners.

We ate dinner at Valentine's. Call ahead and discuss options with the owner.

Great place. Wonderful owners.

X2

X2

Just thought I'd say, we stayed at Valentine Farms a few years ago and really enjoyed it! The owner had an arrangement with the owner of a restaurant downtown whereby he would come and pick up whoever wanted to go eat and then he gave us a ride back as well. Really nice people and the food was great too! That worked out very well for us as our sleds were by that time nicely tucked away for the night in the shed at the Farm. In the morning we enjoyed a fantastic breakfast made to order by the owner of Valentine's! I don't know if this arrangement is still available, but it's worth asking about. We'd definitely go there again!

Just thought I'd say, we stayed at Valentine Farms a few years ago and really enjoyed it! The owner had an arrangement with the owner of a restaurant downtown whereby he would come and pick up whoever wanted to go eat and then he gave us a ride back as well. Really nice people and the food was great too! That worked out very well for us as our sleds were by that time nicely tucked away for the night in the shed at the Farm. In the morning we enjoyed a fantastic breakfast made to order by the owner of Valentine's! I don't know if this arrangement is still available, but it's worth asking about. We'd definitely go there again!

Thanks for the reply s. We got Valentines booked. And that's the plan, a local resteant will pick us up & drop us off.

Archived