Midland "Icebreaker'

Canuck

In year's past, an Icebreaker has come into Midland early in the New Year.

Does anyone have an update on this year's passage(s)?

Be vigilant if you're on the Bay.

(Was it last year that they destroyed the town dock as they were leaving? Thrusters turned the docks into splinters).

Canuck Here's a contact for their winter tour...send them a line

ice-glace@dfo-mpo.gc.ca

In year's past, an Icebreaker has come into Midland early in the New Year.

Does anyone have an update on this year's passage(s)?

Be vigilant if you're on the Bay.

(Was it last year that they destroyed the town dock as they were leaving? Thrusters turned the docks into splinters).

Here ya go Canuck , the club just got the email today....... :right_on:

ICEBREAKING_Midland.pdf

Thanks, Yukon.

(and Faceman)

Heads up in that area. It's not the open water (although that will cause shrinkage) - it's the wall of ice it leaves once frozen.

it was on the vr news tonight and said it was coming in this week.

Just saw the video... That is absolutely RETARDED! I love how the other people were just standing on the ice as well fishing and such.. I don't think I"d want to be out there watching a huge boat bust through the ice that I was standing on...

Just saw the video... That is absolutely RETARDED! I love how the other people were just standing on the ice as well fishing and such.. I don't think I"d want to be out there watching a huge boat bust through the ice that I was standing on...

RETARDED is an understatement. I watched as one sledder who obviously has well paid life insurance and a death wish decided to play chicken with an ice breaker. He crosses in front of the path of the ship, slows down and then takes off again. Imagine if the sled bogs down or stalls or the belt decides to give up the ghost right then and there.

That has never happened to anyone has it? I don't know what the ship weighs in at but there is no way it is even going to try and stop for that little sled that just conked out in front of it.

Then you have the marginally more intelligent who decide to run along side the ship. These must be the same people who want to test God's aim by standing in the middle of a thunderstorm with a golf club in the air saying here I am come and get me.

So where's the link to this video? :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

Archived