"C" Trail

AkronOrange

Can anyone confirm the status of "C" trail from Sudbury to Timmins? We have trip planned from Massey to Shining Tree, then Shining Tree to Hearst. We can take A206 to Shining Tree, but if there is a problem with "C" north from A206, there is not a good alternate route that I am aware of with the L143 being closed.

Thank you in advance.

AO

A.O. I was talking to a guy that came from Timmins to Gowganda Via the C trail. They made it through no problem . He said there was one section and I can't remember where ( I think north of Gowgama) that was very rough but the rest was good.

And yes you have to take the 206 from sudbury.

Ron

A.O. I was talking to a guy that came from Timmins to Gowganda Via the C trail. They made it through no problem . He said there was one section and I can't remember where ( I think north of Gowgama) that was very rough but the rest was good.

And yes you have to take the 206 from sudbury.

Ron

WHY can't you take C out of Sudbury to Shining Tree ???

The OFSC lists the C trail closed south of the C206D junction. No reason given.

TATA is not grooming the trail from C206D to Thor Lake (That is the C Trail). To date STP has been grooming their section up to Thor Lake but this could end very shortly as currenrtly this is leadingunwary travelers to a trail that is not groomed and listed as closed/. Take C206D this trail is in great shape.

Can anyone confirm the status of "C" trail from Sudbury to Timmins? We have trip planned from Massey to Shining Tree, then Shining Tree to Hearst. We can take A206 to Shining Tree, but if there is a problem with "C" north from A206, there is not a good alternate route that I am aware of with the L143 being closed.

Thank you in advance.

AO

You plan on riding rom Shining Tree to Hearst? :shock: That will be a long ride..........I'm guessing over 120 miles from Shining Tree to Timmins via Gogama....(was 100miles via L143)

Timmins to Kap via Smoothrock is 140 miles.........Kap to Hearst 80 miles.....

You're looking at more than 340 miles............. :o:shock:

Evil - Thanks for the warning. You're right it is going to be a long day. We had planned on stopping in Kap, but figured we could make it to Hearst, it's usually a fast trip. If we're not up to it we can always stop in Kap.

Thanks,

AO

Archived