Wondering

Wildman

Just curious if anyone has a report on the lakes in central and northern Ontario? Did they have a skim of ice now covered in snow, or are they still open and staring to freeze? I sure hope its the latter, as it looks like the cold weather is here for a while.

Just curious if anyone has a report on the lakes in central and northern Ontario? Did they have a skim of ice now covered in snow, or are they still open and staring to freeze? I sure hope its the latter, as it looks like the cold weather is here for a while.

i talked to wild bill today, he said there was no skim on the lakes in the sound

Tuesday there was a skim on some of the smaller water bodies around here; smaller lakes and some bays on the larger lakes. All of that disappeared with the mild spell Wednesday. It's close because Thursday night wasn't particularly cold yet yesterday there was some ice forming again.

that is good news, hopefully we just get cold weather so it freezes up without snow cover. Is the ground cover holding or is it melting from the bottom up?

It would be nice to hear from some from the northern portion of the province.

Ice about here and there this morning. Heading in to town so will get a view of a variety of spots. Will update later.

Must be a whole 1/4 inch out there. That means the Ice huts will be out this afternoon ! :-P :razz:

Ice on the bay at north end of Six Mile Lake. Feels like it's going to be a great season.

Scugog has tightened up

The lakes up here are frozen and we have about 4 inches of snow on the ground with more in the forecast for next week. We did have about 35cm on the ground until the warm up and the club was out packing the A trail but will have to wait now until we get more snow. Definately a better start than last year.

The east one-third of Kahshe, the west one quarter of Kahshe, the Bass Lake that flows into Kahshe and a couple of small lakes between here and Gravenhurst are frozen. So, surprisingly, is Gull Lake ! Interesting. There's also a large area of ice at the north end of Couchiching. I don't think it got over -4 today. -6 right now.

Forecast -9 for tonight. :-D

well this is encouraging news, hopefully no more snow until the lakes have at least 6-8" of good ice :-o

on another note, we have about 4" of wet snow and I believe at least 1 of the Warwick groomers will be out knocking tops off the plowed land in the wee hours. I do know the TM115 was out for a shake down in a 50 acre parcel and passed all tests and is good to go. :right_on: :right_on: :right_on:

The lakes up here are frozen and we have about 4 inches of snow on the ground with more in the forecast for next week. We did have about 35cm on the ground until the warm up and the club was out packing the A trail but will have to wait now until we get more snow. Definately a better start than last year.

Hi Rod,how are things?

when you say the lakes are frozen, are they passable or just frozen over?

Whitestone is starting to freeze ... not enough to stake the trail but it's coming for sure!

Archived