Warwick Parking, Gas, Food

toddszr600

Ok folks, Im gonna try and keep this as current as I can as to services are available in our club area.

Parking - We have made the parking lot bigger at the club house on First School Rd. for trucks and trailers and added lighting for security. check out our web site in my sig. if you not sure of the location

Jan15-232011028.jpg

Camlachie - it looks like we have Sawmill creek golf resort on board now, parking will be available as welll as the on site restaurant .
PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN THE COMUNITY CENTER(OPTIMIST HALL) PARKING LOT OR THE NEW CHURCH ACROSS THE ROAD

Widder Station Golf Club in Thedford is right on the trail and will be keeping their lot clean for parking of trucks and trailers again this season and will be mentioned in the Food area and have permits as well. Widder Station

Food - I will be changing this for sure as some places are going to change hands as the season goes on.

Widder Station
- as mentioned they will have parking and be open for food and beverages Thurs thru Sun.

Forest - SKEETER BARLOWS , Yes it finally opened and has all you favorite Skeeters fare, sure to be a busy spot on wing night. Located right at the end of the trail into Forest

Camalchie - Sawmaill creek golf resort has allowed us to use their parking as a staging area, they also have a good onsite restaurant/pub downstairs in the club called the Braveheart pub http://www.sawmill-c...aveheartPub.php

Theres a couple others, but Im still working on info for them, if you have any info to contribute, let me know.

Gas - A fair bit of options here, I,ll do my best to describe them, but there should be signs if they are easily trail accessable and will try to get accurate hours.

Forest Gas and Variety - Main st Forest. The trail will bring you up behind the Ford dealer and signs will direct you down Main st. from there.

Watford - there are 2 stations and the trail brings you right to the nearest of the two and the other is just up the road.

Warwick - At corner 124 follow the signs, the trail is a dead end and leads in and out of Warwick for gas.

Thedford - a trail is in for easier access to the station Follow the signs from Widder station

Reeces Corners- Trail leads to truck stop open for gas 24  hours, Subway also available.

Thats all I can think of for now, Im sure I,ll have more as time goes on.

Cheers, Todd

Edited by toddszr600

Great resource Todd.

Thanks

Hey Todd, the Rooster changed to Hog Wild,but has now closed. It should be reopened sometime in January with a new name and ownership. As for the trail to the gas station in Thedford, it's a go, stakes and signs where dropped off at Widder last Sunday.

Theres usually a staked trail leading to the gas station an Reeces Corners too for those who start out in the Wyoming area

• 1 month later...

Hey guys coming over tomorrow and was wondering is there still parking in Forest?

Better yet is there any parking in the Wyoming area? That is actually closer to the Bridge.

Thanks

John

Sorry to be late John, you are likely here by now. The club house has parking, but you might not want to go that far. If I was coming from Port Huron , Id likely go to Camlachie and park at the Optimist hall. This is not a "official" parking spot, but Ive seen a few there and the trail is across the road.

Wyoming dosent have much I can think of, I would likely unload at the truck stop just north of Reeces Corners, lots of parking, gas, subway, etc., but you have to pick you way from there back to the trail (+/- 1 mile south) at your own risk.

Oh ya, the disclaimer.... <_< , this is just what I would do and none of these are club sactioned thoughts :rolleyes:

Edited by toddszr600

Thanks toddszr600. we ended up parking at the club house and met some really good people there who let us tag along with them since it was our first trip over. It was an awesome ride, about 120 miles. Met a couple from Wyoming who told us where we could park in Wyoming next time.

We will definitely be back.

Thanks

John

Thanks toddszr600. we ended up parking at the club house and met some really good people there who let us tag along with them since it was our first trip over. It was an awesome ride, about 120 miles. Met a couple from Wyoming who told us where we could park in Wyoming next time.

We will definitely be back.

Thanks

John

Dewman

Sounds like a good ride and experience.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good information and fun here!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Juts a bump as Ive added a few things the most important I,ll copy below as welll as updating the main post.

Camlachie - it looks like we have Sawmill creek golf resort on board now, parking will be available as welll as the on site restaurant .

PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN THE COMUNITY CENTER(OPTIMIST HALL) PARKING LOT OR THE NEW CHURCH ACROSS THE ROAD

They just put a new asphalt parking lot in the comunity center and didnt want the carbides on it, since we were asked not to lets make sure we cooperate.

Thanks, Todd

Better put up a few signs or disaster will strike. People who are from out of town who parked there in the past won't get the message.

Todd- what's in the area for accomodation if someone came out from GTA for a weekend? Any sledder friendly motels etc. with trail access that you know of?(will check revrnd's list later but thinking you know some places)

Todd- what's in the area for accomodation if someone came out from GTA for a weekend? Any sledder friendly motels etc. with trail access that you know of?(will check revrnd's list later but thinking you know some places)

Forest Golf & Country Club, the trail is right across the hi-way. The Oakwood, in Grand Bend, trail head is across the hi-way. There are other Motels in Grand Bend, but trail access is difficult even when u know the area. If u stay in Forest, u will start ur riding on the Warwick S/C trails, if u start in GB u will b on the Pineridge S/C trails.

Forest Golf & Country Club, the trail is right across the hi-way. The Oakwood, in Grand Bend, trail head is across the hi-way. There are other Motels in Grand Bend, but trail access is difficult even when u know the area. If u stay in Forest, u will start ur riding on the Warwick S/C trails, if u start in GB u will b on the Pineridge S/C trails.

Thanks! If you guys get another blizzard, info will be handy.

• 5 years later...