Is the Mill open in Dubreuilville??

goldguy

I was just wondering if the mill opened up? Also, wanted to know if the Hotel has opened since the Centre in Hornepayne is closed.

Thanks,

Goldguy

the mills in hornepayne, manitouwadge, white river, dubreuilville, and wawa are not open at this time. hornepaynes centre inn will be demolished, there will be no large hotel in hornepayne for a while (if ever). the only option for lodging there is uncles resturant and cabins. manitouwadge only has a few bed and breakfasts no hotel. more and more hotels and resturants are closing in northern ontario. it will be very hard to do the superior loop challenge any longer. very sad. ski

Its a sad day when even one business closes its door. Makes it hard to think positive about the future of all the families that offer so much help and friendship to us.... :-(:-(:-(

the mills in hornepayne, manitouwadge, white river, dubreuilville, and wawa are not open at this time. hornepaynes centre inn will be demolished, there will be no large hotel in hornepayne for a while (if ever). the only option for lodging there is uncles resturant and cabins. manitouwadge only has a few bed and breakfasts no hotel. more and more hotels and resturants are closing in northern ontario. it will be very hard to do the superior loop challenge any longer. very sad. ski

Thanks, but was hoping for better news. That sucks for all the people that will be affected by these closings.

Holy crap, have I been out of the loop! No pun intended. Haven't been to Ontario since '08. The economy, exchange rate and need for a passport @ $180 ea. have all been factors, plus decent snows in Mich the last couple seasons.

To hear that the Centre Inn will be demolished is like a kick in the gut. Are we headed for, "the good ole days" when we got our gas from Willies gas shacks in da bush?

We're getting the enhanced drivers licenses and doing a weekend run from Searchmont to Wawa staying at Halfway in late Feb. Bringing 8 newbies to Ontario. They are die hard sledders and once they get the Ontario experience they'll be back.

I guess that's what it'll take to keep some doors open. So sorry it's to late for some tho. Even tho I saw the downslide beginning a few years back, to witness the results is a real reality check.

Thanks to those still busting their a$$es so we can ride!

when we got our gas from Willies gas shacks in da bush?

Well now - those WERE the old days. Weren't many runnin' that trail back then!

Trouble is when you come up 8 klicks short of the gas depot... <_<

well its hard with the mill closed........but at the same time we learn to be more creative and survive. better days are ahead of us.....we can see some sign down the road......Terrace Bay pulp mill is now open.....this is great not just for Terrace Bay but for all of us. having that pulp mill open mean they will need wood chips and logs.....I know that for our mill here in Dubreuilville one issue was if we open where can we sell the wood chips.....I hope the lumber market will pick up in spring 2011, so we can see our mill open at least one shift early summer.

we will bounce back and stronger.

Terrace Bay has a COMPLETELY diff smell than all the rest of the towns around there!

While the others smell of sweet (personal preferance I s'pose?) pine lumber, Terrace Bay would take a while to git used to. First time we got out of the truck there I was :blink::wacko:

I thought "Boy - that smells like that brown hand paper towels in the public restrooms." ... and that's exactly what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Terrace Bay has a COMPLETELY diff smell than all the rest of the towns around there!

While the others smell of sweet (personal preferance I s'pose?) pine lumber, Terrace Bay would take a while to git used to. First time we got out of the truck there I was :blink::wacko:

I thought "Boy - that smells like that brown hand paper towels in the public restrooms." ... and that's exactly what it is.

SRF used to be the same. Their mill was closed a few years ago. When we were there last winter you could see the demolition work.

Archived