status of trail C106A???, Matachewan area

Mid Range

Hey Mid Range

The C106A is not open yet only for the fact it is not completely signed yet. There were some guys in Matachewan that were supposed to get it signed and didn't get it done for one reason or another. The trail has been groomed and is in nice shape. I have been working on the L136 that runs from the C106A near Matach to the A107C near Gowganda which should be finished tomorrow and then myself or someone from here will help get that one finished too. Both should show open by the weekend.

All the trails in the area are in good shape .

Ron

A group of us rode A106 on the 26th. We rode it from Shining Tree on our way to New Liskeard. I can understand why they might say it's not open, the signs hadn't been put up at all through the Shining Tree Plan. It had been groomed. The snow was thin in some places on the way to Matachewan, but it was still a nice ride. I'm not sure what has happened there over the past 10 days but if the conditions haven't changed I would say that it would be a good ride. Watch the curves if the "slow" signs aren't up yet. You can call 3 Bears in Shining Tree or the restaurant in Matachewan for more information.

Good Luck,

AO

Hey Mid Range

The C106A is not open yet only for the fact it is not completely signed yet. There were some guys in Matachewan that were supposed to get it signed and didn't get it done for one reason or another. The trail has been groomed and is in nice shape. I have been working on the L136 that runs from the C106A near Matach to the A107C near Gowganda which should be finished tomorrow and then myself or someone from here will help get that one finished too. Both should show open by the weekend.

Ron

Thanks Ron......we have reservation at Minakwa Lodge on Feb 10th.We will be coming from Quebec crossing to NL then A trail til C106A toward Mattagami.

So if I understand C106A will be ready for next weekend(signage)???

or it is open and groomed but TATA website says "closed"

Do you think we might face problems or it's an easy go to Minakwa Lodge by C106A Should we take another route to Minakwa??

Where can we fueled up on the way??

Owner of Minakwa Lodge told us he sells gas.

Thank you.

Hey Mid Range

Ron

Thanks Ron......we have reservation at Minakwa Lodge on Feb 10th.We will be coming from Quebec crossing to NL then A trail til C106A toward Mattagami.

So if I understand C106A will be ready for next weekend(signage)???

or it is open and groomed but TATA website says "closed"

Do you think we might face problems or it's an easy go to Minakwa Lodge by C106A Should we take another route to Minakwa??

Thank you.

That's the plan and I don't see why it won't be. Most of the signs are up ... just a few issues to fix. The trail is not open yet but will be as soon as the signs are up which should be finished tomorrow or thursday . There is gas in Matachewan at right on the trail at the Dogstar gas station. If you go through town you went too far. The trail runs right behind the station. There is also gas in Elk Lake at the Yamaha dealer or if you get lost and end up in Gowganda we have fuel too.

BTW where is Minakwa Lodge??

Ron

Thank you for the update Ron.

Mid Range

C106A is signed and was groomed last night. By the end of today OFSC should be showing all trails open in Gowganda /Elk Lake/ and Matachewan . A, A107C, L136, and the C106A. :woot:

Ron

:woot::woot::D:wavey:

Thank you.

We have found in the past that the gas station in Elk Lake isn't open on Sundays. You can call a # & they'll come & pump the gas w/ a surcharge. We found that we could've made it to Matach' from NL w/o the Elk Lake fill up ('doo ZXs w/ 600s).

Thank you.

We have found in the past that the gas station in Elk Lake isn't open on Sundays. You can call a # & they'll come & pump the gas w/ a surcharge. We found that we could've made it to Matach' from NL w/o the Elk Lake fill up ('doo ZXs w/ 600s).

From what I understand they are open short hours on sunday now...

workplay@ntl.sympatico.ca

Store Hours

Monday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm

Tuesday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm

Wednesday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm

Thusday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm

Friday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm

Saturday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm

Sunday Closed (see note)

note: open sundays 12pm to 5:00pm for gas only

when snowmobile trails are open

Ron

Mid Range

C106A is signed and was groomed last night. By the end of today OFSC should be showing all trails open in Gowganda /Elk Lake/ and Matachewan . A, A107C, L136, and the C106A. :woot:

Ron

Thank you Ron and the guys from Gowganda.I saw that on both OFSC and TATA website.I am a volunteer myself for my club back here in Maniwaki,Québec.It is hard work indeed.I am posting from Val d'Or.Trails are awesome in Abitibi.Leaving today (feb/9) for Ville-Marie.

Once again thanks to the guys from Gowganda and You Ron.We will stop by your place next time.

Best regards

Archived