Your OFSC Money at work

Running Wild

Just wondering why the local Orillia radio station is running an advertisment for the OFSC on Mon. March 8 advertising 2010 trail permits for sale at this time of year. It's hard enough to sell permits earlier in the year but I think it's a little late now for this sort of thing. I seem to remember this happened last year also. Maybe the OFSC has to much money left over in their budget. Can anyone explain?

RW

Just wondering why the local Orillia radio station is running an advertisment for the OFSC on Mon. March 8 advertising 2010 trail permits for sale at this time of year. It's hard enough to sell permits earlier in the year but I think it's a little late now for this sort of thing. I seem to remember this happened last year also. Maybe the OFSC has to much money left over in their budget. Can anyone explain?

RW

I can not comment on this specific case but only in my past experience as an advertiser.

Radio companies are generally VERY late in arranging advertising campaigns... :wtf: And so that extends broadcast time of ads beyond the effective date, an argument I have had with ad reps of all kinds of media.

Anyway, I suspect there was a deal made for a certain amount of time and we have not reached the end of that contract yet. Also the deal probobly included only one take of the ad, so changing to a "Thank you" type ad is not likely available witout additional cost.

I agree it seems like a waste of money, but I would put more blame on the media and thier tardiness/greed than the OFSC.

Scott

They have been on Q107 and 94.9 The Rock in Oshawa this week as well.

But ya this should have been done in like October and Novemeber

This fall, the OFSC worked with Skywords Media to place a media buy to promote Go Snowmobiling and permits sales.

Owned by Ed and Frank Torres, both avid snowmobilers, Skywords helps the OFSC get the best possible value for its media investment, including adding OFSC message tags to the end of many of their traffic, weather and business reports broadcast on many local radio stations across Ontario.

As part of the OFSC buy, we are able to negotiate many free public service announcements (PSAs) in addition to our paid advertising. The main radio and TV buy ran the last two weeks of November to promote pre-December 1st permit sales…hopefully you heard or viewed it on your local station! The OFSC PSAs (Public Service Announcements) run throughout the winter, including volunteer, safety, environment and Go Snowmobiling messages.

The OFSC does not have a large media budget, so in major markets, we can normally buy only one station, selected according which one likely reaches the most snowmobilers or potential snowmobilers. Sometimes that will be the station you listen to most, other times it will not. So if you want to get plugged into snowmobiling info, be sure to listen to the snowmobiling station!

The media buy helps the OFSC identify snowmobile-friendly radio and TV stations across Ontario. Typically, these stations also feature positive coverage of snowmobiling and also participate in OFSC events and contests. Many of them also broadcast The Intrepid Snowmobiler on Radio and the Skywords Go Snowmobiling Trail Status Reports. For your convenience, we are providing a list of radio stations that carry OFSC messaging and other snowmobile information…so if you want to hear about your favourite winter recreation activity on the airwaves as you trailer around the province, tune in! Also, watch out for the OFSC on the TV outlets listed.

The OFSC also wishes to thank BRP, who have generously donated additional PSA time for OFSC messaging, negotiated through their own media buy, on the following stations: ROCK 95, Barrie; FM 96 and BOB 102.3 FM, London; and KOOL 105.3 FM and CING 95.3 FM, Hamilton. We are also grateful to Arctic Cat for donating PSA time on ROCK 95, Barrie.

This fall, the OFSC worked with Skywords Media to place a media buy to promote Go Snowmobiling and permits sales.

Owned by Ed and Frank Torres, both avid snowmobilers, Skywords helps the OFSC get the best possible value for its media investment, including adding OFSC message tags to the end of many of their traffic, weather and business reports broadcast on many local radio stations across Ontario.

As part of the OFSC buy, we are able to negotiate many free public service announcements (PSAs) in addition to our paid advertising. The main radio and TV buy ran the last two weeks of November to promote pre-December 1st permit sales…hopefully you heard or viewed it on your local station! The OFSC PSAs (Public Service Announcements) run throughout the winter, including volunteer, safety, environment and Go Snowmobiling messages.

The OFSC does not have a large media budget, so in major markets, we can normally buy only one station, selected according which one likely reaches the most snowmobilers or potential snowmobilers. Sometimes that will be the station you listen to most, other times it will not. So if you want to get plugged into snowmobiling info, be sure to listen to the snowmobiling station!

The media buy helps the OFSC identify snowmobile-friendly radio and TV stations across Ontario. Typically, these stations also feature positive coverage of snowmobiling and also participate in OFSC events and contests. Many of them also broadcast The Intrepid Snowmobiler on Radio and the Skywords Go Snowmobiling Trail Status Reports. For your convenience, we are providing a list of radio stations that carry OFSC messaging and other snowmobile information…so if you want to hear about your favourite winter recreation activity on the airwaves as you trailer around the province, tune in! Also, watch out for the OFSC on the TV outlets listed.

The OFSC also wishes to thank BRP, who have generously donated additional PSA time for OFSC messaging, negotiated through their own media buy, on the following stations: ROCK 95, Barrie; FM 96 and BOB 102.3 FM, London; and KOOL 105.3 FM and CING 95.3 FM, Hamilton. We are also grateful to Arctic Cat for donating PSA time on ROCK 95, Barrie.

Nice to see facts instead of a factless near smear campaign post ... thanks for clearing that up Paul :woot::woot:

Nice to see facts instead of a factless near smear campaign post ... thanks for clearing that up Paul :woot: :woot:

Perception is a killer. Paul's response is exactly what people seek in these cases....

Nice to see facts instead of a factless near smear campaign post ...

The OFSC is free to run their business as they see fit, but it seems that they sometimes forget that they are, in terms of dollars, running one of the largest organizations in Ontario. Any other company of that size keep their customers informed of what is going on in their operation. I am not suggesting that the OFSC is required to act like those other businesses, but it is what people have come to expect; especially in the age of the internet where it only takes a second to keep everyone up to date. In the absence of information, people are left to form their own conclusions. If that is a real problem then the ball is in the OFSC's court.

Really....this is actually troubling to some people?? Thank you Yukon for clearing up this catastrophy. I must be doing something wrong in my life that I don't have time to worry about such things.

Nice to see facts instead of a factless near smear campaign post ...

The OFSC is free to run their business as they see fit, but it seems that they sometimes forget that they are, in terms of dollars, running one of the largest organizations in Ontario. Any other company of that size keep their customers informed of what is going on in their operation. I am not suggesting that the OFSC is required to act like those other businesses, but it is what people have come to expect; especially in the age of the internet where it only takes a second to keep everyone up to date. In the absence of information, people are left to form their own conclusions. If that is a real problem then the ball is in the OFSC's court.

We were first introduced to Skywords media at the OFSC AGM this past september in Ottawa and there was an article in the Go Snowmobiling Magazine. ,Plus the info is available to any permit holder that has approached there local club. Once your involved you can get the club communications mailings from the OFSC , its that simple.

I don't mind sharing the info to those who don't have the time to be part of the process.

Educating is the best way to learn but the info has been made public and the magazine goes to every permit holder that checked the box.

This post is not intended to point fingers or seem negative towards anybody , but involvement is the best way to get the info so many ask for.

Archived