OFSC Trail Audits

revrnd

NVS and others - I agree with the signage guide, and for our club, I am one of the people auditing the trails - we use the odo on quads to measure the distances, my "invalid math" that someone pointed out was more a rant that a lot of the stop ahead to stop sign distances couldn't have been 100 feet never mind 100 metres...that was the gripe. Thanks for the post NVS + Nutter...its hard to get too worked up about the signs and the guidelines until a lawsuit occurs...we haev the t-shirt, bumper stickers and the scars...its not pretty.....then you find out even when you follow the guide to the letter, the lawyers will find some loophole and some jacka$$ gets away with something they shouldn't.

Missing slows in front of arrows in corners is one thing, missing stop ahead and stop signs is a completely different matter - thats what will end up with an injury or worse fatality. If every club did their destination signs etc like it was the first time they were ever in that area it would be a much easier time on treks into other areas as well. Oops...now I've done it and someone will pick on that too...sad this is all we can post about...not the great, though short, season we had, the trips we took and the places we saw/visited.

And even when the club goes through all the trouble and hard work to post the signs properly (according to the OFSC), some nut comes along and steals the signs!! :banghead:

Now that is dangerous!!!!! :crazy:

It's a lot of work to put the signs up and take them down again never mind keeping up with theft. Not all clubs have the people to do it.

This makes me chuckle. The districts that are in farming country do this EVERY year and have for the last 40 years. And its done at every cross road, 1.25 miles apart. There's no excuse for old signage left out there.

Archived