Gas in Pointe Au Baril

oldslowsledder

Great news about the trails reopening so thought I'd give any of you heading north out of Parry Sound this weekend heads up that the Shell Station in Pointe Au Baril is closed. They are still repairing the severe flood damage from a week or so ago.

Larry's tavern had fuel last year but can be hit and miss if open.

Thanks for the info Old Slow Sledder...one of my favourite rides is up through the big trees in the Cramadog area to the 'C' and up to P.A.B. Usually put a few dollars gas in at the Shell.

Let us know when it's open again :)

I gotta learn the correct spelling for Pointe Au Baril

Talked with the Shell Station this morning, although they are not open due to renovations if a sledder pulls in and can pay 'Cash'

then gas is available, no credit, no debit.

Thanks. Usually head that way once a year.

Stop there for gas .. and update on trails north of there.

If trails to Sudbury not good, we head east.

Thanks again.

Pte au Baril to Naiscoot Lake is pretty good,Naiscoot to Britt is limited but is very passable.Britt to Key river has not been groomed for lack of snow.This is as of 2:00 today.The groomer is out now in the southern portion right now.Anybody heading to Sudbury just post,as I'm more or less on the C trail.and give you an up todate report.

Pte au Baril to Naiscoot Lake is pretty good,Naiscoot to Britt is limited but is very passable.Britt to Key river has not been groomed for lack of snow.This is as of 2:00 today.The groomer is out now in the southern portion right now.Anybody heading to Sudbury just post,as I'm more or less on the C trail.and give you an up todate report.

I'm sure any updates on the C trail would be appreciated as it appears on the PSSD trail conditions that whole chunks of the C north as closed for logging or bad conditions. But some riders are reporting trail is passable. If you had the time a new thread on conditions in this area would go over well.

Rode north from Pointe Au Baril to Britt today, trails up to and just past Harris lake were very good, from there on rough and ungroomed but passable. Seems to be a lack of snow up to Britt, hopefully we'll get the couple of inches their calling for tonight.

Four to five inches of fresh powder on the trails today, rode out of Pointe Au Baril to Ardbeg and back, not a groomer to be seen but the sleds are doing a decent job of packing it down.

Pretty scarry in the corners though :wtf:

Son spotted the NEGB groomer leaving Larry's Tavern friday around 4pm so the trails should be great for the weekend.

Wish the local clubs would list grooming on their site's

Archived