2011 SKi-doo

UsedtoSkidoo

its a private video so can't see it UTS :banghead:

its a private video so can't see it UTS :banghead:

Exactly...same link was posted on DooTalk (by someone else), with the same result -- can't view it.

i saw it . what do you want to know about?

The new 800etc XRS

or the new 600 4tec. :-D

How about the 600 4-TEC? :coffeenose::ssh:

4 stroke 60 hp they claim 310miles to a tank of fuel! :shock:

I think a direct 550 fan replacement. My opinion is that the 60hp mill will have a broader flatter powerband do to the torque that you wont miss the extra 20hp.

4 stroke 60 hp they claim 310miles to a tank of fuel! :shock:

I think a direct 550 fan replacement. My opinion is that the 60hp mill will have a broader flatter powerband do to the torque that you wont miss the extra 20hp.

60 hp?...ouch! That's about half the ponies of our current SDI and E-Tec, although you are correct that the torque should help to offset that difference, at least a bit.

And what are you comparing it to, in saying "...you won't miss the extra 20 hp"?

well the 550 fan is 80hp so I think its the direct replacement.

If you notice the 1200xr is 130hp yet is just as or faster than the 800r at 151hp.

Just my 2 cents

The 550fan is rated at 57hp,though it is most likely near 65-70hp like the other 2 550fans from Cat and Poo.

no where near 80hp :headbang:

we were both wrong. its 72hp in the rev chassis.

where did you get your info??? Love to see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYqNtOWW93s

here is a pirated version of the 2011 Doos engine and suspension talk

Btw I see we can't inbed youtube here :(

Dootalk.

ZX 550 -57hp

rev550 -72hp

post linky :)

You do NOT gain 15hp in a fan cool that easy

Hell try that with a liquid on the same block and crank

use the search function on Dootalk

yeah, I believe usedtoskidoo is right. There is a member on dootalk, LRD I think, who is a whiz with the 550's. I remember he dyno'd his stock 2005 550 and it was 70 hp. Torque was around 54 lbs. It's a different pipe and carbs vs. the ZX and XP 550's from what I've read.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28349&hl=550* I'm not sure if that link will work or not.

If you're satisfied with your REV 550, I'm sure you'll be happy with the 600 t-tec due to the added torque.

yeah, I believe usedtoskidoo is right. There is a member on dootalk, LRD I think, who is a whiz with the 550's. I remember he dyno'd his stock 2005 550 and it was 70 hp. Torque was around 54 lbs. It's a different pipe and carbs vs. the ZX and XP 550's from what I've read.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28349&hl=550* I'm not sure if that link will work or not.

If you're satisfied with your REV 550, I'm sure you'll be happy with the 600 t-tec due to the added torque.

UTS is NOT right, :whatever: no offense btw

there is NO info on the ZX on DT :headbang: yes there is info on LRD REV 550 and I have followed his builds for years on DT. BUT the fact remain there is NO creditble info on the ZX 550 other then the Rotax site that does NOT make any sense

Btw I see we can't inbed youtube here :(

Yes you can. Use the Insert media function. :ugeek:

there is NO info on the ZX on DT :headbang: yes there is info on LRD REV 550 and I have followed his builds for years on DT. BUT the fact remain there is NO creditble info on the ZX 550 other then the Rotax site that does NOT make any sense

Just found my 2003 American Snowmobiler and it states the 550 in the ZX has 10% more hp then the 503 and is tops in the 550 class, so it is safe to assume 65+hp as Cat is rated 70 and Poo 65

Just found my 2003 American Snowmobiler and it states the 550 in the ZX has 10% more hp then the 503 and is tops in the 550 class, so it is safe to assume 65+hp as Cat is rated 70 and Poo 65

NO offence taken. SORRY that ski-doo has NO credible info on the ZX. Seems like they never updated the hp rating from the 503 (57 hp?). It gained 10% more as a 550 and then another percentage with the pipe and carbs in the REV?

The POINT was, the 60 hp 600 4-tec is probably a good replacement for the 70 hp 550 as far as engine performance.

I currently ride a 500SS and my wife rides a 2005 550 as does my cousin. The 550 has enough power for regular trail riding and keeps me satisfied although the lake runs get pretty boring. The only time I've found the 550 was not powerful enough was on heavy wet snow and slush I ran into on Rice Lake during a warm day last winter. I had the machine to the bar just to keep it moving. Maybe the liquid cooled 4-tec won't share that characteristic with the 550 fan, it shouldn't.

:bun: :ItWasUST!: :bun:

You hit the wrong button.

• 1 month later...

the 600 ACE engine (apparently) gets 500 km to the tank!!

Archived