Where to Sleep in North Bay?

yamahas

Try the Terrace Suites in Callander Bay ,great rooms. and easier access to the trails .www.terracescuites.com Ken

Try the Terrace Suites in Callander Bay ,great rooms. and easier access to the trails .www.terracescuites.com Ken

Also Clarion Resort( www.clarionresortpinewoodpark.com). they offered a stay one night/next night half price for this upcoming weekend. I called and they indicated they would honour that for others stays. I spoke with Jacqueline

Its on the D102C were it hits hwy 11. they have their only feeder trail that goes right by a gas station. very convenient!!You can also jump on the SSR710 and take the lake into town if you need to.Ken

I've been chastised for saying this before, but if you stay at the Lakeshore hotels, how do you hook into the trails to the north?

I remember road running, passing a cement factory, etc. and thinking 'there has to be a more convenient place to stay'.

Callendar Bay is a great option. What about in town?

(we had this discussion last year. I also searched, to no avail).

I've been chastised for saying this before, but if you stay at the Lakeshore hotels, how do you hook into the trails to the north?

I remember road running, passing a cement factory, etc. and thinking 'there has to be a more convenient place to stay'.

Callendar Bay is a great option. What about in town?

(we had this discussion last year. I also searched, to no avail).

I'm having challenges with the 'search' function as well. <sheesh :roll: >

Canuck, I guess it's like finding a groomed trail or not. Last time there, I stayed at the Best Western on Lakeshore for a variety of reasons - sledders package, big parking lot, we could leave trailers there for a week while on tour, LLBO restaurant on site, so I was happy with the accomodations. Our access to trails north was not bad at all. Had there been a meltdown or asphalt or otherwise I'm sure I'd have the same recollections. But what can you do about the weather?

Maybe the best advice here is - Folks, if it is 'Spring Conditions' (you define) stay out of town. But if you are in 'mid winter form' then you are good to go from about anywhere in North Bay.

That's what I remember about staying @ the Clarion.

Guys I know have stayed @ the Travelodge. It's east of Hwy 11 & a Esso station is just north of it. NBSC #310 connects it to TOP D just south of Trout Lake.

the travelodge is most popular (no town riding), clarion is good too, torbay cottages on lake nippissing (inside north bay)is good for a group, best western good as well. If you want cheap but clean then you can go just north of town and stay at the bomark motel or the white fawn motel. Trail access is down on the pipeline to the A trail, probably a 10 minute ride to the trail. There's also a nice motel just outside bonfield with it's won restaruant (good food), it's right on hwy 17, I think the name of it now is the Dinner bell (used to be valleyview). This one is right off the bonfield trail that takes you to trout lake.

I have stayed many times at both the Best Western and the comfort inn, however my last experience at the comfort inn was terrible. They had a hockey tournament with players staying at the hotel, a lot of them were hammered, police called but did not do much, needless to say we did not get much sleep. These are easy access trails right from the lake, never had to run roads. The good thing about the BW is that they have a secure lock up, but the comfort inn you can park right outside your door, if you are on the ground floor.

If you want cheap but clean then you can go just north of town and stay at the bomark motel or the white fawn motel. Trail access is down on the pipeline to the A trail, probably a 10 minute ride to the trail.

I was visiting friends in North Bay last winter & was checking motels for my spreadsheet. I have it noted that the White Fawn has rooms by the month. Not sure if they have any rooms available for single nights.

If anyone has more info on these places, let me know. When we've passed these 2 motels on 11 heading to New Liskeard or Cochrane I always figured they weren't sled accessible.

Just be aware that these 2 places probably aren't in the Michelin book. A place has to be pretty bad for me to rate it "Not Recommended". If you're stuck looking for a room because of weather or breakdown, as long as a place is warm & dry usually works.

I was not aware of that revrnd. I have talked to sledders on the trail that said they stayed there though. The pipeline runs behind the motels which gives them access to the trail.

Archived