Sneak peak...2009 Doo's

Easy Rider

Just got back from the dealer (St. Onge) and have ordered the temp gauge for the sled. It will be installed next week. My old sled that Mr. Giddy now has - has a temp gauge and he tells me that he was running on the "hot" side as well that day. I prefer to know BEFORE it's too late and too hot :o Hopefully this new gauge will do the trick!!! :D

Hey, Giddy...I'm really curious about what St. Onge told you about the over-heating issue. Just due to "conditions" and break-in, or is there an actual problem? I've had a temp. gauge on my last several sleds (including my current REV), and wouldn't be without one. For whatever it's worth, on the slow sections and road runs of our KS Saturday ride, my temp. gauge went up a bit as usual, but luckily, nowhere near the danger zone.

Hey irReverent :wavey:

They just think it was the conditions on Saturday - road riding - slow moving - not enough snow on the heat exchangers to cool it.....however, I wanted a temp gauge anyway.....I never had a sled before without one. Like you I prefer to know when it's getting warm before it is too late. Once the temp gauge is installed I'll have a better idea of whether it was the conditions or the sled. They also said that the computer will not allow the sled to start again until it has cooled enough to be safe. I'll keep you posted if I have any further problems.

:wavey:

A temp gauge will doo the trick. Most people who don`t have em seem to be not as aware as the guys that have em are.I run a temp gauge on my sled and when I`m road running or going slow I constantly look for a snow bank , ditch or loose snow to pop into to cool the sled down.

The guys that don`t have em could care less

Temp gauge should be standard on all sleds for the bloody price you pay for em!

I hit the bank constantly anyway. Its the only way to get down the road!

My bank ($$) is empty from running a sled period ;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some of the older sleds had secondary cooling measures as well .At one time Cats had rads and Polaris had what was probably one of the most successful systems in the running board heat exchangers.Cooled the engine and warmed the feet no slush on the running board either .

My Yamaha being an "older" sled has these. It has the regular heat exchanger in the front tunnel, one in the back tunnel and along both running boards. The previous owner said, obviously exaggerating, it would take a 20km+ ride on asphalt to overheat the engine. So far so good for me. Last weekend we went two up on the Ottawa river with heavy snow and slush all day going 80-120km/h and no problem.

All of you who added temp gauge should start a thread on it to post pictures. It would be interesting to see the different kinds out there.

Just got back from the dealer (St. Onge) and have ordered the temp gauge for the sled. It will be installed next week. My old sled that Mr. Giddy now has - has a temp gauge and he tells me that he was running on the "hot" side as well that day. I prefer to know BEFORE it's too late and too hot :o Hopefully this new gauge will do the trick!!! :D

Hey, Giddy...I'm really curious about what St. Onge told you about the over-heating issue. Just due to "conditions" and break-in, or is there an actual problem? I've had a temp. gauge on my last several sleds (including my current REV), and wouldn't be without one. For whatever it's worth, on the slow sections and road runs of our KS Saturday ride, my temp. gauge went up a bit as usual, but luckily, nowhere near the danger zone.

Hey irReverent :wavey:

They just think it was the conditions on Saturday - road riding - slow moving - not enough snow on the heat exchangers to cool it.....however, I wanted a temp gauge anyway.....I never had a sled before without one. Like you I prefer to know when it's getting warm before it is too late. Once the temp gauge is installed I'll have a better idea of whether it was the conditions or the sled. They also said that the computer will not allow the sled to start again until it has cooled enough to be safe. I'll keep you posted if I have any further problems.

:wavey:

A temp gauge will doo the trick. Most people who don`t have em seem to be not as aware as the guys that have em are.I run a temp gauge on my sled and when I`m road running or going slow I constantly look for a snow bank , ditch or loose snow to pop into to cool the sled down.

The guys that don`t have em could care less

Temp gauge should be standard on all sleds for the bloody price you pay for em!

I hit the bank constantly anyway. Its the only way to get down the road!

My bank ($$) is empty from running a sled period ;)

A short time to ride and all year to pay for it !

Archived