Sneak peak...2009 Doo's

Easy Rider

Sorry I couldn't get the pics on here, but it looks like Doo is in the 4-stroke market place! This came from my local dealer.

Some of you have no doubt already seen these! For those of you who haven't, heres a sneak peak!

Ski-Doo Announces new chassis and engine options for 2009

On the heals of the recently released Rotax 600 H.O. E-TEC engine, Ski-Doo is bringing more great news to the snowmobiling industry....unless you're one of their competitors.

According to the folks at BRP, there's more to the REV-XP chassis than meets the eye. Ski-Doo has announced that the XP was simply the first chassis variation of the REV-X chassis. So if the XP is just the first variation, what are the others? Today Ski-Doo is unveiling the next two variations of the lightweight REV-X chassis, the REV-XU and REV-XR.

Capitalizing on all the light weight and design advantages of the XP chassis, the REV-XU and REV-XR chassis are purpose built to accomodate additional model and engine options. The REV-XU is the new utility chassis which will be used in the 2009 Expedition TUV utility sled. Allowing for a 20" wide track, the REV-XU chassis is 84lbs lighter than the 2008 model it is replacing.

So, what's the REV-XR Chassis all about? Why it's the perfect home for a brand new 130 HP, 1200 Rotax 4-stroke 4-TEC engine. With the slightly wider engine compartment and muscular stance, the REV-XR chassis brings the REV-XP's weight advantages to the 4-stroke market. Ski-Doo will be offering the new 4-TEC engine in the MXZ-1200 X and GTX-SE Touring sleds.

For more information on the MXZ-1200 X, GTX-SE, and Expedition TUV, check out ski-doo.com

We will be releasing the full 2009 Ski-Doo model lineup later this winter and will follow that up with our riding impressions of the new Ski-Doo's.

January 31, 2008

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks EasyRider - I'm off to the site to look at them now.

Very interested - I'll be ready for a new sled in a couple of years; just when whatever wrinkles are ironed out of these innovations.

Thanks EasyRider - I'm off to the site to look at them now.

Very interested - I'll be ready for a new sled in a couple of years; just when whatever wrinkles are ironed out of these innovations.

No problem STG. Pics are pretty cool, I'll forward them to your E-mail.

Just found out these sleds will be avalible for Test Rides at Deerhurst in Huntsville on Sunday.

This is the message from the dealer;

They will be in Huntsville (Deerhurst)on Sunday to ride. I have a dealer viewing on Saturday that I am going to. I had the v-tec out on the weekend and put 200 miles on it. I loved it so much, I'm going to ride it again this weekend!

So this is a joke? Man that's some good promo writing.

No Joke; I'll try to get the pics up at home, firewalls at the office won't allow files this big to download. This is the real deal, if you want to see it, go to Deerhurst on Sunday!

BOY OH BOY looks like Doo has Yammie by the throat now. Just go over to Dootalk and into the REV XP forum and witness the battle between the folks from totally Yamaha and the Dootalkers.

Should be one lite 4 Stroke!!!!

dffg.jpg

But not quite ready to throw a Boat anchor on the front of my sled yet!

Well if i see it correctly 95-100 ft/lbs of torque they may have a winner for a 130hp sled,just think if they added a hairdyer :shock:

Well if i see it correctly 95-100 ft/lbs of torque they may have a winner for a 130hp sled,just think if they added a hairdyer :shock:

It's gonna be hard enough for folks to get insurance on these now... imagine if it had 200+ HP from the factory after adding the turbo :)

Finally some real 4 stroke competition for Yamaha. Love it. Imagine the motors where going to have in a couple of years if the competition continues to out push themselves.

So would anybody buy one of these bad boys the first year out?

So would anybody buy one of these bad boys the first year out?

You really want me to answer that.....Okay I will then no...can`t afford to be a guinea pig for brp. :D

Still a little too heavy for me and the way trails are around here I`ll be sticking to a 2 stroke!

OH Man ! I think I see a new couch in my future !!

Ditto

But i am gonna give it a few years to see if they drop the ball on the GTX like they did with the Grand Touring V1000

for some odd reason I have seen quite a few V1000s

in both GT and Legend trims

the blue 03s,black 04s and seen the 05 Burgundy ones, very quiet sleds

I seen 3 last weekend 2 03s and 1 05

Archived