ALMAGUIN TRAILS

Giddy UP

Just saw this posted on the ADSC website!

Sledders on the D123 passing through the new information centre property and along the highway are still blatantly ignoring the stay on trail signs or permission will be revoked. We expect that we will be asked to close this trail this upcoming week by MTO, this will leave D123 closed from Katrine South. Stay on the on the trail or be banned from this system when we catch you and we will! Please report trespassers sled numbers if you can on our toll free permit line 1-800-476-1434 remember its your trail!Why can't people be smart?

On a positive note! All trails are OPEN and being groomed! It's been snowing now for 2 days up here and more to come! Sledding this weekend should be good in this area! :woot:

There's a vacancy this weekend in my cottage if anyone is interested? 2 bedroom - sleeps 6

:wavey:

On a positive note! All trails are OPEN and being groomed! It's been snowing now for 2 days up here and more to come! Sledding this weekend should be good in this area! :woot:

:wavey:

That's great news! :right_on:

Sledders on the D123 passing through the new information centre property and along the highway are still blatantly ignoring the stay on trail signs or permission will be revoked. We expect that we will be asked to close this trail this upcoming week by MTO, this will leave D123 closed from Katrine South. Stay on the on the trail or be banned from this system when we catch you and we will! Please report trespassers sled numbers if you can on our toll free permit line 1-800-476-1434 remember its your trail!Why can't people be smart?

AND for those that missed it, in the Muskoka Sno-Bombers area:

TOP D CLOSED at South Monk and Faulkenburg Rd due to disrespect of ridership not staying on trail. Reroute up Faulkenburg Rd for the remainder of season.

Because some "jerk-offs" have decided to run diagonally across the field instead of following the stake lines.

Not only, but - The field is wrapped with tape, signs are up that say "stay on trail or permission revoked" but, when I went by there recently, tracks went straight across the field. It took the Sno-Bombers about 4 years of LandOwner negotiation to get us off Faulkenburg Rd and on to a groomed trail. They even went to the effort of wrapping the land owners trees with plastic toboggans so the groomer nicks would not damage the trees. And then some stunned SOB decides to rip across the field ?? I don't know whether it is a local youngster who doesn't know better or a weekend warrior who deserves to meet a land mine I'll gladly bring in from from Afghanistan but neither of them have the IQ of Cheeze Whiz when it comes to LandOwner relations. If we have to shoot them, so be it. Although that's messy. Maybe we'll just tell them how good the trail is over Big Chute. ;-)

AND for those that missed it, in the Muskoka Sno-Bombers area:

TOP D CLOSED at South Monk and Faulkenburg Rd due to disrespect of ridership not staying on trail. Reroute up Faulkenburg Rd for the remainder of season.

Because some "jerk-offs" have decided to run diagonally across the field instead of following the stake lines.

Not only, but - The field is wrapped with tape, signs are up that say "stay on trail or permission revoked" but, when I went by there recently, tracks went straight across the field. It took the Sno-Bombers about 4 years of LandOwner negotiation to get us off Faulkenburg Rd and on to a groomed trail. They even went to the effort of wrapping the land owners trees with plastic toboggans so the groomer nicks would not damage the trees. And then some stunned SOB decides to rip across the field ?? I don't know whether it is a local youngster who doesn't know better or a weekend warrior who deserves to meet a land mine I'll gladly bring in from from Afghanistan but neither of them have the IQ of Cheeze Whiz when it comes to LandOwner relations. If we have to shoot them, so be it. Although that's messy. Maybe we'll just tell them how good the trail is over Big Chute. ;-)

Maybe you should invest in Trail Cam's ...not sure how clear the pic would be ...whether it would actually show the blood spattering but it's worth a thought

Giddy UP, thanks for posting that, I was about to do the same. Not sure why the Yahoo's cant stay on the trail in through that section, it is clearley marked & roped off. There are plenty of other spots in the back country where one can ride off trail & no one will care.

on the + side, it's good to see the snow falling up there.

ADSC website posted this morning that we have had over a foot of snow since yesterday and both groomers are running!!! :woot::woot:

Will post pics later - heading out on the trails to play in the powder

!! :woot::woot:

I still have a vacancy for this weekend! Anybody interested? 2 bedroom cottage - sleeps 6.

ADSC website posted this morning that we have had over a foot of snow since yesterday and both groomers are running!!! :woot::woot:

I still have a vacancy for this weekend! Anybody interested? 2 bedroom cottage - sleeps 6.

2 bedroom sleeps 6 ? That should get STG's attention !

2 bedroom sleeps 6 ? That should get STG's attention !

Especially if it is the Barn !!

Archived