Is Otter Lake Safe Yet???

bigfuelburner

I know it's not staked and may not be due to Sunny Point... can anyone report if it's safe? I see Horsehoe is staked so it stands to reason Otter should be ok, historically anyway. I'm heading to my cottage on Otter this weekend, running the lake to Top C is easier then going around :lol:

Not safe too many currents to my knowledge .

Do you know if it will be staked to Kellermans when the ice is safe? I know it will probably not be staked to Sunny Point anymore since they are not open during the winter.

The marina told me there is still open water on the lake near Delta Island.

Still open water! Wow, I would have thought it was frozen by now.. I guess we will be running the road as we are 1 km down from the marina.. too bad, It's a short cut down the long arm, over the portage trail and onto Blackstone to Crane... are any of them safe yet other then Horseshoe?? What about Blackstone and Crane??

I was out on Otter this past Sunday and the middle of the lake is still wide open water.

You can make it from Little Otter past Kellerman's and stay to the left shore all the way past the marina. The long arm is ok though.

Thanks for the update I will be watching this thread closely as we get closer to the PET Ride.

Would appreciate any updates, thanks in advance

Thanks for the update I will be watching this thread closely as we get closer to the PET Ride.

Would appreciate any updates, thanks in advance

Crane Lake has been staked as of last weekend from the trail access south of Crane Lake House at the Goverment Dock through to the local trail access to the Dam Road and Healy Lake.

The main drag through the north end to Clear, Salmon and Otter has been well travelled the past two weekends.

Many thanks guys, great to have the local input...

ps, I'll be testing my prototype "custom" drag exhaust system on my FST this weekend, so if you hear me.... :wavey:

Thanks Yamidude that helps a NON Local like me big time...

Archived