Home again from Parry Sound/Kearney run

Bark Biter

Left early Friday morning, headed -2- Parry Sound, met Bill, thank you for everything.

Hit the trails, they were awesome, only saw a few other sledders, which was just as awesome.

2180346930040319772S425x425Q85.jpg

One sledder coming towards us warned us to slow down, as a partridge had hit him in the chest, and was laying in the middle of the trail, John managed to get around it but me being the blonde that I am, put it out of its misery.

Continued on our way to the ice caves. They are stunning, but I'm sure later in the season they will be spectacular.

2358361650040319772S425x425Q85.jpg

I love how the ice is different colours.

Hit SilverSands for the night, great food, really nice people, room is nothing special but a nice place to crash.

2986859020040319772S425x425Q85.jpg

When I said great food, I mean great food, I also had joked that in the morning I would like a big pot of tea ready for when they opened and it was already for me when we got up and went for breakie. Hash Browns were fantastic by the way.

Ok, off and on our way back -2- Parry Sound.

Trails started out not to bad but then they got bad.

One area where there is a drainage tube in the ground is now sitting at ground level and we had to go around it.

2749655780040319772S425x425Q85.jpg

Trashed and the mild weather was not a good combo for them.

As I was following John as I'm directionally challenged, he made a wrong turn (T section), well me in my brightness went whipping around the corner and there is John, so with no place to go, I took out a stop sign and rolled my machine.

2071383400040319772S425x425Q85.jpg

John is not great taking pictures by I do make him carry his camera. He was more concerned with how I was and getting my machine back over then taking pics.

No damage to the machine, but this morning (Sunday) I'm sore as blazes. Thank goodness I called my rmt at home last night and she is gonna see me today.

That is it for our trip from Perry Sound to Kearney, other then my machine is not studded, so when we got back we picked up a stud package from Bill.

Met another forum member as well, sorry, I don't remember the name, you did mention that you like my machine though.

Was hoping today, Sunday to do a Barrie/Orillia run, but looking at the trails coming back yesterday we see Barrie is trashed so will save that for another time, once we get colder temps and more snow.

Check out the rest of my pics at

2500033870040319772LtNhAj_th.jpg

Great report, Thanks.

Glad to hear the sled is OK and hope you'll be feeling better soon.

great pics and awesome ride,,,,but this was a bit disturbing,,,,, :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

That is it for our trip from Perry Sound to Kearney, other then my machine is not studded, so when we got back we picked up a stud package from Bill.
:wavey::wavey:

great pics and awesome ride,,,,but this was a bit disturbing,,,,, :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:wavey: :wavey:

OOOpppssss, did I something bad getting studs from Bill? :wtf::wtf::wtf:

John is in the garage now with my baby, poking holes into it with the drill. Ohhhh the noise is driving me crazy but as usual I've been banned from the garage, I tend to ask to many ? which then piss him off, :curse:

Dad just came in and said my sled is in many pieces, will sneak out and take a few pics for the scrapbook. Wish me luck.

great pics and awesome ride,,,,but this was a bit disturbing,,,,, :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

John is in the garage now with my baby, poking holes into it with the drill. Ohhhh the noise is driving me crazy but as usual I've been banned from the garage, I tend to ask to many ? which then piss him off, :curse:

Dad just came in and said my sled is in many pieces, will sneak out and take a few pics for the scrapbook. Wish me luck.

studs are fine,,,,,,but calling WW a stud package,,, :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: this will only bloat his ego,,,, :mrgreen:

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

studs are fine,,,,,,but calling WW a stud package,,, :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: this will only bloat his ego,,,, :mrgreen:

FU round eve

FU round eve

:rotflmao::rotflmao: :poke:

Come on.... after all isn't he a new father... must be doing something right. I hope I have the right person.

Thanks for the report and the pix !

Where is Silver Sands? Did you have a room in a lodge or a cabin? Meal plan? Would like to hear more.

Silver Sands is one of the 3 places on Sand Lake near Kearney Distict 11.

They have a trailer park and a few years back expanded, they have cabins to rent as well as added 6 rooms onto the restaurant area. They are doing all the work themselves so right now only 2 rooms are available plus the cabins. The rate for the night was 80.00 which was cheaper then the Edgewater and the other place cannot remember the name but they wanted a minimum of 2 nights.

Hours are 8-10, food was great, really nice people.

Thanks for the report and the pix !

Where is Silver Sands? Did you have a room in a lodge or a cabin? Meal plan? Would like to hear more.

Silver Sands is one of the 3 places on Sand Lake near Kearney Distict 11.

They have a trailer park and a few years back expanded, they have cabins to rent as well as added 6 rooms onto the restaurant area. They are doing all the work themselves so right now only 2 rooms are available plus the cabins. The rate for the night was 80.00 which was cheaper then the Edgewater and the other place cannot remember the name but they wanted a minimum of 2 nights.

Hours are 8-10, food was great, really nice people.

Come on.... after all isn't he a new father... must be doing something right. I hope I have the right person.

You do :D

Archived