I'm Back Again

OntarioJim

Hey Y'all

Well I'm back online again. It's me JimmyO from New Jersey - now living in Kitchener! In case you have all forgotten, I got shown the door from my employer of 23 years, who shall remain nameless unless you want to ask then I'll tell you who they were. I'm living here in Kitchener, temporarily with my daughter, looking for a position in IT.

I was waylaid during the fall when I fell off a ladder and shattered the heel in my left foot. Spent 4 months in a cast hobbling around the house bored to death. Its good to be able to walk again, even though I will have a limp for a while. I don't think its going to impair my sledding though.

So I wanted to bring my sled up north. The trouble is that my daughter lives in an apartment so there isn't any place to store it when its not in use. Anyone know of any spaces to rent cheap that I can store a sled and single trailer. It would make the time between job hunting a lot more enjoyable if I could hit the trails once in a while.

Jim

Jim

You could try the mini-storage buildings north of Gravenhurst right on D-trail , They are the orange ones just off of Winhara Rd , I stored some stuff there 2 years ago , the guy seemed to be good to get along with , Not sure if this is what you need or not , FYI , they trails are starting to come together fast up hear

MM

I was also thinking you're better storing it up north.

Some new storage facilities on Hwy 400 - try calling The Cove in Mactier. They are close to the boat storage facilities and may be aware of a place to store.

Sorry to hear about the foot. A friend fell off a stool changing a lightbulb :idea: Walking with a cane 6 months later.

Hey JimmyO, good to see you back on the board and back in Ontario with the GrandKiddlies !!

Sorry about your foot. I prescribe trail riding to build the strength and maintain flexibility, followed by vast quantities of Scotch Whiskey for medicinal purposes only - helps control the swelling and moderates any discomfort.

Hope you'll be able to get into one of those several thousand pairs of shoes you brought back with you. :P

Just north of Barrie there is a water and RV park - Splash Canyon. During the winter they call it Snow Canyon with sled storage fuel and repairs available on site. A friend of mine keeps his there. Not sure what they charge.

Just north of Barrie there is a water and RV park - Splash Canyon. During the winter they call it Snow Canyon with sled storage fuel and repairs available on site. A friend of mine keeps his there. Not sure what they charge.

I believe Splash Canyon may be closed.

I'll have to call my friend. He has an RV in the park and the Splash Canyon web site is still up and running with the 2010 rates posted. The Snow Canyon website is showing closed for maintenance but is still up. I know that is where he sleds out of since the trail is right there. Hoepfully they are still operating. It was good for people who didn't have a cottage and didn't have space to park a sled trailer at home.

I'll have to call my friend. .

You'll be using a lifeline. Maybe you want to poll the audience first ?

If I quit now how much cash do I leave with... am I close to the million?

If I quit now how much cash do I leave with... am I close to the million?

Toys are expensive to maintain - I'm giving it all to your nephew. :P :poke: :P

Archived