For OFSC Club Members - GROOMER BEACON

Av42medics

Let's agree to disagree. Some had bad experiences, some had good. That's what makes the world go 'round.

Next topic, please. :wavey:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Collett supplies these to sell there product, that's it. I do not believe for a second they care abnout anything besides there bottom line.

The only way this is useful is if you, as a sledder, but the collett product. It a lot of money to pay just to here a groomer beacon. And don't get to comfortable, they don't all use them!!

:curse:

your reponse is without merit,,,Les is a snowmobiler and started this up after a friend died in a horrible accident.He had wished that a warning could of been issued beteen sleds, if so,said friend would be alive today.I had the opportunity to meet him in 1989 at the sled show in Markham,,,, :o

In my experience, he does not stand behind his product and has gone the way of over-marketing, under delivering. What his original motivation was is irrelevant now. Like I said before, groomers do not sneak up on you when you riding responsibly.

I do think there is value in a groomer warning system and I do think there is value in rider to rider communications. However, Les Collett has yet to prove it to the group that purchased the SnoPhones.

Let me tell another story.....

I purchased a Chrysler in 1994. The car was an excellent design, good power, performance and handling. The quality however was less then adequate. Parts separating, colour peeling off the dash, computer modules failing.... This all in the first 6 months. A squeak in the steering column that would drive a sane person to love sheep was the final straw. They could not fix it, visited two different dealers and several attempts. They called Chrysler, nothing.

I met with the Chrysler Canada Representative, I indicated that I like the car's design, but this one was a lemon. Get me another one. He came back after a week and said, Sorry, we are not in a position to buy the car back.

I filed for arbitration (CANVAP), went to a hearing, where Chrysler Representative lied and were caught. While waiting for the arbitration decision, Chrysler investigated me and the repair history of the vehicle, then reported that a collision was the cause of the squeak. I again had to defend myself to the arbitrator that Chrysler was trying to manipulate. The accident happened after the repair attempts for the squeak, and was at the rear of the vehicle, not the front where the squeak was heard.

I won the arbitration, ALL of it, full refund, no penalty for mileage driven. Chrysler was pissed! When I returned the vehicle to pick up the cheque, they started to nit pick for a stone chip in the trunk lid that they claim was not there when they inspected the vehicle at the arbitration. They had never even walked around the vehicle.

They were rude, and threatening and they lied. They did not stand behind their product.

If they had handled the situation with any class, I may have been willing to take that refund cheque and buy another Chrysler product. But they didn't, so I wasn't.

I vowed to NEVER buy another Chrysler product in my lifetime. I still respect that vow 15 years later.

I have helped educate my friends about Chrysler and discouraged many from purchasing a Chrysler product. This is no loss to me. You can bet that Chrysler has lost more money because they did not stand behind their product than it would have cost them to resolve the issue without incident.

Walter Chrysler was an auto enthusiast. He loved cars. He became the head of General Motors Buick division and then left to open Chrysler as there was more money to be made. He sold his GM stock for $10M in 1919 and was one of the richest men in America.

He loved cars, so it could not have been about the money..... :roll:

So you have supported a long held theory of mine: A happy customer MAY tell one person... an unhappy (PO'd) one WILL tell 10 (or more) people. You have told more than a few here.

Everyone is entitled to make a mistake.... it's how one recovers from it that really matters!

I have used a couple of the 900 Platinum units for a few years; while they have not without a few limitations; some complaints of unclear communications, my riding partners have certainly expressed gratitude for having them numerous times. They at least knew that when they heard my transmission that there was something they needed to keep their heads up for in the next few minutes ( I usually rode lead). I can say that I almost always rode responsibly and not very often exceeded the speed limits (getting too old for that) but there was more than one occasion when I was very happy that the groomer beacon alerted me while riding the twisty trails of Muskoka. Yes it is loud and piercing but shouldn't it be if it is a warning? It doesn't last all that long.

The company is providing the groomer beacons at no cost for the benefit of any sledders and groomer organizations that choose to take advantage of the service. Like it was stated here previously if you don't want to use them, then don't that is your choice.

Time to move on!

This is making my eyes bleed. :puke:

Mission accomplished! :D

:lol:

You have far too much time on your hands.

You have far too much time on your hands.

I've been told that :roll:

:wavey:

He loved cars, so it could not have been about the money.....

then why so hard to believe that giving beepers for groomers is an act of kindness.He has done this since he started,,,maybe talk to him about doing something else instead??? I owned 6 of the first ones and they worked the way he said they would,,,,we used them for 3 maybe 4 yrs and the novelty wore off.But they are the best unit out there for what they do.I had a problem with a few,just sent them back and got another one back.Fact is,we were leaving on a trip to Montana and he sent one to the motel so we had it,upon are return we send the one the did not work back to him.Maybe he has changed,,,,but that is my dealings,,,,, :hugs:

Archived