Parry Sound Loop

AkronOrange

I'd like to plan a short trip for the weekend of 1/16, just 1 or 2 nights. We would like to start near Parry Sound around the junction of C and C103D. We are not familiar with the trails in the that area, but I think the trails are more technical than those we're become accustomed to up north. I'm thinking we probably need to limit riding miles to about 150. We would also like to avoid as much of the traffic as possible so we probably don't want to head south.

Any advice on loops or places to stay would be appreciated. I would also like to know about how far it is from that junction to the 2 bridges.

Thanks in advance,

Kellermans resort 705-378-2208

Quality Inn 705-378-2461

H&H 705-375-5323

Parry Sound to Sudsbury day one Sudsbury to North Bay day 2

North Bay -2- Parry Sound day 3

Or for 2 day Parry sound to North Bay via Port loring (you must eat at Jake's Place) Then Back via Burk's Falls

We'll be up that weekend... We've been east on the seguin trail towards Huntsville and I didn't find the area of Huntsville to be very snowmobiler friendly unless you consider paying $1.80/litre at Deerhurst resort snowmobile friendly.

Who said anything about deerhust ?

I didn't find the area of Huntsville to be very snowmobiler friendly .

Agreed, especially if you try arriving from south in marginal conditions. Arrive during the day, as inevitably your travels will require you to cross the lakes.

Agreed, especially if you try arriving from south in marginal conditions. Arrive during the day, as inevitably your travels will require you to cross the lakes.

Did I say anything about Huntsville :wtf:

Quality Inn 705-378-2461

H&H 705-375-5323

Or for 2 day Parry sound to North Bay via Port loring (you must eat at Jake's Place) Then Back via Burk's Falls

Great suggestions WB!

Did I say anything about Huntsville :wtf:

Okay, now I get it. "Parry Sound Loop". Your original post suggested north. How did we get off topic :lol:

As Wannago states, great suggestions.

Quality Inn 705-378-2461

H&H 705-375-5323

Thanks for the advice. Maybe we'll try the route above. I just hate getting into the busy areas, trails are usually beat and the OPP sets up shop between a long straight away and the nearest doughnut shop, that's why we wanted to head north. How far to the bridges over the French and Pickerel rivers from Parry Sound?

We're headed to North Bay the next weekend for our annual North Bay - Shining Tree - New Liskeard - North Bay trip, thought we would try something a bit different.

Thanks again,

Quality Inn 705-378-2461

H&H 705-375-5323

The 2 day almost sounds like the loop we made last year.

WB, as they are talking about only a couple of weeks from now, how do you think the lakes / trails will be by then?

Agree with Sled Junk's concerns - in addition the C trail north of Parry Sound and area between PS and French River is out of the snow belt - conditions often skinty or blocked by logging - monitor conditions carefully within the next 2 weeks.

If seeing the bridges is the main draw, might be better to base out of French River area (extra hour north of Parry Sound by highway) and do a few circles from there.

Quality Inn 705-378-2461

H&H 705-375-5323

The 2 day almost sounds like the loop we made last year.

WB, as they are talking about only a couple of weeks from now, how do you think the lakes / trails will be by then?

Who knows how the weather will be when ? It could be good and it could be not so . The clubs all the way are itching to get it done .

Archived