GPS trail maps

derf

As a senior snowmobiler,78th birthday today,I would like info on gps trail maps..Dont have GPS yet so recommends here would help.Please explain fully as I am a bit of a luddite..THANX.

Try looking in the GPS Forum http://forum.ontarioconditions.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=26

There is a wealth of information there as a start.

The Garmin Trail Maps that Reved puts together are quite good so I would suggest that you look at the various Garmin models as a start.

Hope this helps

Try looking in the GPS Forum http://forum.ontarioconditions.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=26

The Garmin Trail Maps that Reved puts together are quite good so I would suggest that you look at the various Garmin models as a start.

Hope this helps

Gotta Love OC !

Seniors getting help from Old People :P

Hope this helps

Gotta Love OC !

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

As a senior snowmobiler,78th birthday today,I would like info on gps trail maps..Dont have GPS yet so recommends here would help.Please explain fully as I am a bit of a luddite..THANX.

the screen size and battery life are a place to start.If you sled has a battery and big alternator then no worries hook it up direct.I choose garmin,they are all good,but a lot of people I know have garmin so it is easier to trades routes and stuff.Maps are important also,,,,,they can get expensive.

Hope this helps

Gotta Love OC !

POT KETTLE VERY BLACK

Belleville Sport and Lawn has a sign that says something like "Remember that device we used before GPS and Fish finders? It was called Grandpa :rotflmao:

THANX to all who replied to help me..Am shopping around now for a Garmin GPS..Plan then to find a techie or a grandchild to do the hard stuff..Lack of signage in a new areas has been one of our biggest problems on trips over the last few years..Have many times been faced with an intersection with no signs to give direction,with my luck usually pick the wrong one,IF IT RAINED SOUP ID HAVE A FORK...Thanx again from the soon to be unlost DERF...............

THANX to all who replied to help me..Am shopping around now for a Garmin GPS..Plan then to find a techie or a grandchild to do the hard stuff..Lack of signage in a new areas has been one of our biggest problems on trips over the last few years..Have many times been faced with an intersection with no signs to give direction,with my luck usually pick the wrong one,IF IT RAINED SOUP ID HAVE A FORK...Thanx again from the soon to be unlost DERF...............

You are not lost, you are just exploring!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Men never get lost.

We may occasionally be "Geographically Challenged."

But never lost.

Jeff

If you take a wrong turn and somebody asks you why you went that way.... "I always wondered where this went and now I know"

When you come to a fork in the road, take it.(Yogi Berra )

When you come to a fork in the road, take it.(Yogi Berra )

That explains some of the ride that we have been on :rotflmao:

hey,how else would that trapper have gottin to his traps,,,,,if 4 sleds when in and came out never happened, :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived