Cool beans idea spurned at the VIA meeting already in motion

Nutter

But a little help is needed.

Last Saturday at the VIA meeting in Barrie as a group we talked about having trail work and club event pictures front and center on the OFSC main page, to show people what the clubs are up to. I'm not 100% sure this how it will be formatted, but the idea is for the main page pic window to rotate through albums, which also when clicked on will lead to the albums themselves (once a bunch of pic's are collected). Right now it is only club volunteering related (trail work and event) pic's, but if it's working good we could work on getting another album up ... sort of a permit buyers riding pic's thing ?

I see a few possibilities in doing this right off the bat ....

1. show people that volunteering and participating in club functions is fun.

2. to show where permit and grant dollars are going

3. to get people thinking that if the clubs are getting ready I better buy my permit soon.

So please get the word out about this program to your club mates, and e-mail your trail work and club event pic's and a small description of what, where, why, when, and who (also please us the utmost discretion in pic's sent in, safety and environmental wise) to .... photos@ofsc.on.ca (also please send the highest quality of pic's you have, as long as they are viewable they will be posted, but the better the quality the better the pic)

Remember the faster you send in the pic's, the faster they get put up .... and the faster people see them the faster we see possible results.

Congrats to Snowcrest for having pic number 1

But a little help is needed.

Last Saturday at the VIA meeting in Barrie as a group we talked about having trail work and club event pictures front and center on the OFSC main page, to show people what the clubs are up to. I'm not 100% sure this how it will be formatted, but the idea is for the main page pic window to rotate through albums, which also when clicked on will lead to the albums themselves (once a bunch of pic's are collected). Right now it is only club volunteering related (trail work and event) pic's, but if it's working good we could work on getting another album up ... sort of a permit buyers riding pic's thing ?

I see a few possibilities in doing this right off the bat ....

1. show people that volunteering and participating in club functions is fun.

2. to show where permit and grant dollars are going

3. to get people thinking that if the clubs are getting ready I better buy my permit soon.

So please get the word out about this program to your club mates, and e-mail your trail work and club event pic's and a small description of what, where, why, when, and who (also please us the utmost discretion in pic's sent in, safety and environmental wise) to .... photos@ofsc.on.ca (also please send the highest quality of pic's you have, as long as they are viewable they will be posted, but the better the quality the better the pic)

Remember the faster you send in the pic's, the faster they get put up .... and the faster people see them the faster we see possible results.

Congrats to Snowcreast for having pic number 1 viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5587

If you didn't already see them I posted a bunch more pix of that bridge in the following thread......

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5587

Absolutley awesome pic's, those are exactly what are are needed .... send them in with a little who, what, why, where, and when :woot::woot:

good idea Rick :D

WOW, much impressed that the front cover of OFSC site now looks alive! Well done to all. A web site should be something people want to look at and visit.

Pic rotation on OFSC home page has started http://www.ofsc.on.ca/home.asp.... keep sending them in, and be sure to let other clubs know to do the same

:woot::woot:

Awesome idea!

This is one of the biggest things that needs to be done with the OFSC is more PUBLIC AWARENESS. I hear so many people complaining about the price of a permit but no one is AWARE of what actually goes on.

Awesome job!

Awesome idea!

This is one of the biggest things that needs to be done with the OFSC is more PUBLIC AWARENESS. I hear so many people complaining about the price of a permit but no one is AWARE of what actually goes on.

Awesome job!

I wouldn't say no one knows, but many do not.

Archived