Orangeville Permit Sales Down?

Viper

Went to Reinharts today to get my pass and they tell me Trail Passes are down 80% compared to last year at this time..

I sure hope people are just waiting till the last minute to get theirs...

So far with people still out golfing it is not looking good. We need some winter weather to kick start a different mind set. Retailers don't see Christmas shopping kick in until the cold weather does usually.

Even though I live in Toronto I watch the Barrie news. Last night they were on site at St. Onge where they showed a seadoo and a dirt bike they had just sold that they were getting ready for pickup by the customer and that snowmobile sales were down about 20% from last year. Snow will drive sales. No snow no sales. I spoke to another dealer who indicated they had a strong snowmobile show but overall they are down 25% from last year on sled sales.

I would have to agree with the previous posts. As sad as it is. No snow, no sales. This Winter is shaping up to be lousy for sledding. Late November and still almost 10 degrees! There is no frost in the ground up north (that stays) and there is so much ground water. Geez.

Snow here today :woot:

Ya early snow helped sales the past 2 yrs

I would not worry winter will come won't be another 06-07 that is for sure

Maybe it has something to do with people not having enough funds this year cause lots of people are out of work? :wtf:

Maybe it has something to do with people not having enough funds this year cause lots of people are out of work? :wtf:

no way,,,,last 10 or more years was a boom,,,what else you going to do if not working this winter,,might as well have some fun,,,last minutes sales will be high,,,, :mrgreen::mrgreen:

This is it the last day for sales at the discounted price. The weather has been getting colder and there is actually snow in the forecast. I was able to watch skiing live on TV over the weekend. People just may be getting into the mood as the signs of winter are finally cropping up.

I took our sleds north on Saturday and on the way stopped into St. Onge in Barrie. It was still fairly early in the morning and the parking lot was busy. When I went in the place was full of people. They were selling permits in one corner and had a small line. All of the used sleds upstairs had sold on them and from the time I went in to the time I left two of the new sleds downstairs had sold signs put on them.

Hoepfully these are good signs.

correction, tomorrow is the last day to buy at the reduced rate. on or before dec 1st.

gives the procrastinators yet, another day to buy. the clubs really need the help gang, buy early buy often (if you can). ski

I picked mine up Saturday, because ya with the nice weather I was still out on the bike and had forgot all about it. Was a booming day for sales when I stopped by to get it. I think the price is turning alot of people off, should have made it $195 not $200 this year. Just sounds a little cheaper to some people.

Archived