Chapleau

Canuck

Presumably, the maps have been printed for distribution at the sled show.

Is the Algoma Loop still possible?

Are trails around Chapleau going to be groomed?

I realize that the folks manning the booth for District 14 are volunteers, and don't want to 'bug' them, but will they have info? Businesses from District 13 (Elliot Lake, Sault Ste. Marie) have a vested interest - maybe they will have info?

My father and mother went up to the international plowing match held at Earlton this fall. He was able to pick up the District 14 map and stated the trail from Chapleau to Missanabie is not on the map this year. Just relaying the info. He will be bringing down the map this weekend for me to look at.

Thanks for info, Yamaha4ever.

Will pick up trail map at the show.

(Plow match in Earlton - makes sense. Only been through there in the winter, but recall wide open topography, and silos. Interesting to see fields in the Canadian Shield. Recall a Yamaha dealer in that area who assisted a friend - nice people).

Thanks for info, Yamaha4ever.

Will pick up trail map at the show.

(Plow match in Earlton - makes sense. Only been through there in the winter, but recall wide open topography, and silos. Interesting to see fields in the Canadian Shield. Recall a Yamaha dealer in that area who assisted a friend - nice people).

Beautiful area !

I will be picking up maps at the show also. I was hoping the info from father was wrong but will see this weekend. Yamaha dealer is Agnor and also a John Deere dealership. They also have helped us out in the past. In 2007-2008, run Missanabie to Dalton on the road and then to Chapleau on groomed trail. Here's to hoping for open trails and improved relations between clubs and districts.

Presumably, the maps have been printed for distribution at the sled show.

Is the Algoma Loop still possible?

Are trails around Chapleau going to be groomed?

I realize that the folks manning the booth for District 14 are volunteers, and don't want to 'bug' them, but will they have info? Businesses from District 13 (Elliot Lake, Sault Ste. Marie) have a vested interest - maybe they will have info?

No offence Canuck , but if your not going to ask any of the Volunteers questions what's the point to having a District booth ? I certainly hope someone ask me a question or to at the District 7 booth and the VIA booth next weekend or else I would be pretty board. We aren't just there to hand out maps and look good.

We are their to promote our sport and encourage people to travel to our destinations.

The whole point to the booths are for info !

See you at the show and ask all the questions you like , makes for good conversation after all we are all sledders.

I certainly hope someone ask me a question or to at the District 7 booth and the VIA booth next weekend or else I would be pretty board. We aren't just there to hand out maps and look good.

See you at the show and ask all the questions you like , makes for good conversation after all we are all sledders.

Ask questions.... :wtf: look good.... :rotflmao: Oh Oh... count me out on the look good part... and hopefully the questions aren't too hard. I will do my best in the booth... at the risk of sounding sexist... women please don't hate me. If we really want to draw some attention let's get the girls from the Amsoil both in their very short shorts and tee shirts to hand out some of our maps. :D

• 2 weeks later...

From the HH thread in the North Forum:

I was told that the new F trail to Chapleau runs from the Halfway haven this year. If this is true how well maintained will it be?
The new District 13 map I got at the sled show Friday says the new trail MAY be open this year and the guy at the District 13 booth said they didn't know if it was going to happen or not. Apparently still in the discussion stage as he put it.

Looking @ the Dist' 13 map, 2 of their loops will be shortened considerably by the reroute of TOP F. This may cause a reduction of sledders travelling to Dist' 13.

I see the OSFC Trail Guide shows TOP F closed from Missanabie to Chapleau for this season. No mention of a trail west of Chapleau to TOP D.

I guess Dist' 14 (TATA) had run out of maps when bro stopped by their booth, so I don't know what their plans are for this season.

The fellow @ the Dist' 13 booth told them to keep an eye on the internet for updates on this situation.

Finally, where is the line of demarcation between Dist' 13 & 14 in the Missanabie area? The Dist' 13 map shows Miss' & Dog Lake as being in Dist' 14, however you don't see a Chapleau Club welcoming billboard until you cross (southbound) Hwy. 651 near the Dalton siding. Bro & I figured Chapleau doesn't want folks to know that the section between Miss' & 651 is Chapleau club trail.

Finally, where is the line of demarcation between Dist' 13 & 14 in the Missanabie area? The Dist' 13 map shows Miss' & Dog Lake as being in Dist' 14, however you don't see a Chapleau Club welcoming billboard until you cross (southbound) Hwy. 651 near the Dalton siding. Bro & I figured Chapleau doesn't want folks to know that the section between Miss' & 651 is Chapleau club trail.

District 13 stop in Missinabie

Club alouette Dubreuilville groom up to Dog lake and are responsible to install maker on Dog lake. (Ernie help us with that since he know the lake well and can tell us when is safe)

there is nothing set in stone as for Jeep lake trail

I will like to see the F trail remaining open............

Dubreuilville will be grooming up to Dog Lake this year and in stall make also, so can you smell Ernie Burger :D

perrysound014.jpg

Thanks for clarifying that Reg.

there is nothing set in stone as for Jeep lake trail

I will like to see the F trail remaining open............

Dubreuilville will be grooming up to Dog Lake this year and in stall make also, so can you smell Ernie Burger :D

perrysound014.jpg

That F trail between Chapleau and Ernie's is a beautiful ride - I sure hope it can remain open !

Archived