atv ride from Stirling to Bancroft

SNOGUZZLER

Good morning fellas.

Anyone done this ride on an atv? I've done it plenty of times on a sled but never on a bike. The wife and myself along with a few other couples are planning this ride soon and i'm looking for some info. How long do you think it will take? Also we've stayed at eh Sword/Best Western but never at the Bancroft Motor Inn. Any recomendations? Does either have an outdoor hot tub? Any other suggestions for accomodations?

thanks in advance.

Good morning fellas.

Anyone done this ride on an atv? I've done it plenty of times on a sled but never on a bike. The wife and myself along with a few other couples are planning this ride soon and i'm looking for some info. How long do you think it will take? Also we've stayed at eh Sword/Best Western but never at the Bancroft Motor Inn. Any recomendations? Does either have an outdoor hot tub? Any other suggestions for accomodations?

thanks in advance.

no hot tubs there but they are very atv freindly with a atv special rate.....

You might run into problems north of the jct where TOP E goes east from the railbed (south of Gilmour). There is a couple of flooded sections between the jct & Gilmour. You might want to see if there's an Ontario ATV forum to check.

From Stirling north to this spot I've ridden my 200X & MTB w/ no problems. A few wet spots, but nothing to block a ATV. There's a bit of water over the railbed near Trudy's, but it's not impassable either.

I haven't ridden north of Brinklow in the summer, so I can't help you there.

Good morning fellas.

thanks in advance.

Just a thought. Are you sure that trail is open to ATV's. A lot of people assume that the snowmobile trails are available for ATV use as well and they likely aren't. I know in some cases they are because both the snowmobile club and the ATV club have land use permits and share in the maintenance but without the land use permit the ATV shouldn't be there.

A friend of mine reluctantly shut down use of his property for snowmobiles because of ATV's. The ATV'ers cut the locks off of his gates repeatedly and created huge ruts running through the low lying wet spots. He was out walking through the trees on his property with his wife and kids when they had to literally jump out of the way of speeding ATV'ers. When he told them they were trespassing they insisted they weren't because they ride snowmobiles through there all the time. They told him they should get out of the way when they here them coming. They even complained that some A****le kept locking the gates so they now have to keep bolt cutters with them.

I understand why he shut down his property all together and replaced the gates with a fence.

This is an atv trail as well as a snowmobile trial. I know better then that!

I hoped so but don't really know you. There are just so many out there that make the same assumptions my friend ran across. Sorry.

Good morning fellas.

thanks in advance.

Just a thought. Are you sure that trail is open to ATV's. A lot of people assume that the snowmobile trails are available for ATV use as well and they likely aren't. I know in some cases they are because both the snowmobile club and the ATV club have land use permits and share in the maintenance but without the land use permit the ATV shouldn't be there.

A friend of mine reluctantly shut down use of his property for snowmobiles because of ATV's. The ATV'ers cut the locks off of his gates repeatedly and created huge ruts running through the low lying wet spots. He was out walking through the trees on his property with his wife and kids when they had to literally jump out of the way of speeding ATV'ers. When he told them they were trespassing they insisted they weren't because they ride snowmobiles through there all the time. They told him they should get out of the way when they here them coming. They even complained that some A****le kept locking the gates so they now have to keep bolt cutters with them.

I understand why he shut down his property all together and replaced the gates with a fence.

ATV'ers may cause the complete shutdown of trail systems on private land because of their ignorance. I know its not all, but I sold my ATVs because of the lack of brains in the recreational sport of ATVing.

:whatever:

I see atv'ing to be alot like sledding was in the late 60's and early 70's. Back then you used to go where ever you could make a trail as no official trails exsisted. The only difference was you weren't damaging (at least too much) the terrain as you were riding on a blanket of snow. Until there is a trail system for atv's there will be alot of guys going wherever they can make trails.

I ride my bike on trails in and around Wooler mostly as that is where I live. Wherever possible I get permission and we deffinetly don't go when there are "no trespassing" signs etc..

Luckily the EOTA has trails close so we can use them with no bad side effects.

I see atv'ing to be alot like sledding was in the late 60's and early 70's. Back then you used to go where ever you could make a trail as no official trails exsisted. The only difference was you weren't damaging (at least too much) the terrain as you were riding on a blanket of snow. Until there is a trail system for atv's there will be alot of guys going wherever they can make trails.

I ride my bike on trails in and around Wooler mostly as that is where I live. Wherever possible I get permission and we deffinetly don't go when there are "no trespassing" signs etc..

Luckily the EOTA has trails close so we can use them with no bad side effects.

Agreed, like I said, its not all, but far too many.

Archived