Big Volunter Job Next Weekend (May 30th-31st)

Nutter

Well the time has come for us to replace the almost 30 year old tin on the club house roof, any and all volunteers will be appreciated, experienced or not, there will be a need for help on the ground and up on the roof. We'll have the BBQ's firing and cold drinks on ice.

We'll be meeting up at the club house between 8 and 9 am next Saturday and Sunday (May 30th and 31st) to get er done, even if you can only afford a few hours, come on out and be a helping hand in restoring this icon of sledding in south central Ontario ..............

Many hands makes light work :woot::woot:

100_0852.jpg

100_3057.jpg

100_1517.jpg

100_0435.jpg

100_1237.JPG

Did somebody mention bbq ?

How could I pass on that , not to mention hanging out with a bunch of sledders in the off season talking sled talk !

Best of all another improvement for our awesome sport !

See you Saturday !

:woot::woot:

Sorry Rick I'd be there in a Heart Beat to help you guys out but unfortunattly I will be in New Brunswick on business :curse:

Here's hoping for many hands and nice weather for you guys :woot:

Did somebody mention bbq ?

How could I pass on that , not to mention hanging out with a bunch of sledders in the off season talking sled talk !

Best of all another improvement for our awesome sport !

See you Saturday !

:woot::woot:

Awesome Paul, hopefully we can kick most of it, if not all on Saturday so we don't have to worry the after effects of Saturday nights festivities :cheers::woot::woot:

Sorry Rick I'd be there in a Heart Beat to help you guys out but unfortunattly I will be in New Brunswick on business :curse:

Is someone calling ahead and warning the fine of NB of your arrival :poke:

Is someone calling ahead and warning the fine of NB of your arrival :poke:

Informed who Nutter, the fine people, the fine fish, the fine lobster.

Two Finger Fred strikes again :rotflmao::wavey: Now that's funny!!!!!!

Unfortunatly someone must have warned them of my approach as they asked me if I like pink lettuce and banana tree's, I suspect the OC Zoo might have a hand in this :crazy:

I have called in the STG Institute to Investigate, more at 11

Git er done ...... 8 am start, off with the old ........ :woot::woot:

100_4852.jpg

100_4858.jpg

100_4860.jpg

100_4873.jpg

100_4874.jpg

Once we had most of the old tin off, we noticed how much rotten wood strapping there was, had to replace about 1/2, we also decided to add another layer of insulation while we were up there with it open.

100_4879.jpg

100_4875.jpg

100_4876.jpg

Chef Yukon and myself manned the grills to feed the crews, awesome lunch, burgers, sausages, baked beans and taters, with donuts for desert ... again big thanks to all the PPSC sponsors who contributed to feed us :woot::woot:

100_4881.jpg

100_4880.jpg

Back to work .. start laying up the new tin

100_4882.jpg

100_4885.jpg

100_4887.jpg

100_4888.jpg

100_4893.jpg

100_4894.jpg

100_4896.jpg

100_4898.jpg

Last two sheets ........... a big thanks to all who came out today, 8 am start and done at 4 pm ... simply awesome. All we have left to do is cut in the chimney and vents, and we'll get that done some time this week. :woot::woot:

100_4902.jpg

100_4904.jpg

100_4905.jpg

100_4906.jpg

100_4907.jpg

100_4908.jpg

100_4910.jpg

Looks great. Something to be proud of.

Archived