I hear the fat lady warming up her voice :(

Doonut

Issued : 5.00 AM EST Thursday 26 February 2009

Today

Day: Cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers this morning. Fog patches dissipating this morning. High plus 3.

Night: Cloudy. Rain at times heavy beginning near midnight. Amount 20 mm. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h near midnight. Low zero with temperature rising to 6 by morning.

Friday

Rain ending near noon then cloudy with 60 percent chance of rain showers changing to flurries in the afternoon. Rainfall amount 10 mm. Wind south 30 km/h becoming northwest 30 early in the afternoon then light in the evening. Temperature falling to minus 6 in the afternoon.

Saturday

Sunny. Low minus 20. High minus 10.

Sunday

Sunny. Low minus 20. High minus 8.

Monday

Sunny. Low minus 20. High minus 9.

Lakes will be glare, roads bare and trails pooched.

30mm of rain? Done I say,done :(

Issued : 5.00 AM EST Thursday 26 February 2009

Today

Day: Cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers this morning. Fog patches dissipating this morning. High plus 3.

Night: Cloudy. Rain at times heavy beginning near midnight. Amount 20 mm. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h near midnight. Low zero with temperature rising to 6 by morning.

Friday

Rain ending near noon then cloudy with 60 percent chance of rain showers changing to flurries in the afternoon. Rainfall amount 10 mm. Wind south 30 km/h becoming northwest 30 early in the afternoon then light in the evening. Temperature falling to minus 6 in the afternoon.

Saturday

Sunny. Low minus 20. High minus 10.

Sunday

Sunny. Low minus 20. High minus 8.

Monday

Sunny. Low minus 20. High minus 9.

Lakes will be glare, roads bare and trails pooched.

30mm of rain? Done I say,done :(

Will possibly make for a tough weekend; but it can't be over.

I was there yesterday and there's lots of snow on the lake, tons of ice, and a great base. We've got another month of sledding in D7.

When's the "Big Lake, say good-bye to your carbides Tour" this year ???

the trails cannot stand the 30mm of rain.............

Time to head north!

I had a great run yesterday. I think they will hold up.

May have to head north anyway when the trees start falling across the trails again.

well, if the roads go bare and the trails are smoked and the lakes go glare, ice or no ice there won't be a lakes tour. :(

If, on the other hand there is snow on the roads and the trails somehow survive an inch plus of rain and the lakes don't become giant hockey rinks, I think the 14th will be the day.

an inch of rain and its done :curse:

base is already thin and any powder will be gone....Maybe on the tail end if we get a few cms of snow might be able to run the lakes if the flash freeze is sudden enough but It usually doesnt happen.

Time to head north!

May have to head north anyway when the trees start falling across the trails again.

Good news...winter storm watch for North Bay. Let's hope they are right on this and wrong on the rain forecast, not the other way around.

Time to head north!

Good news...winter storm watch for North Bay. Let's hope they are right on this and wrong on the rain forecast, not the other way around.

They are never wrong when predicting rain. Always wrong when predicting snowfall.

They are never wrong when predicting rain. Always wrong when predicting snowfall.

This is the sad truth :(

We always get more rain than forecast and less snow than forecast.

Sure looks that way and me with a brand new sled with well under 1000KM's this season.

Just talked to a pal in Gravenhurst. Its raining and has been since last night :(

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW come on Doonut...................

You have a pal??????????????? :poke: :poke: :poke: :P

Just kidding man. When we were up last weekend the roads were barely passable. Now sadly they would not be!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

:P

I heard it;s not that bad in muskoka, except for the roads.

didnt get as much rain as expected and snowing now

I've talked to a couple of people there who have said the same thing. Will know for sure in about 5 hours. :D

I've talked to a couple of people there who have said the same thing. Will know for sure in about 5 hours. :D

me too

Archived