Opp opinion on Puddle jumpimg

Faceman

As an FYI for those who enjoy this sport. This is the Parry Sound OPP take on things

The West Parry Sound OPP have received complaints from the public about sledders intentionally crossing open water. Police would also like to remind sledders that “puddle jumping” is a chargeable offence (careless driving). Careless driving can levy a fine of up to $1,000.00 plus restitution to the Emergency Services that need to respond.

:itwasuts: :itwasuts: :itwasuts:

Careless driving

15. Every person is guilty of the offence of driving carelessly who drives a motorized snow vehicle without due care and attention or without reasonable consideration for other persons. R.S.O. 1990, c. M.44, s. 15.

So just puddle jump with due care and attention. Make sure nobody else is around. Innocent I say :)

Careless driving

So just puddle jump with due care and attention.

How the hell can you agrue with that.......

I like Monkey Law 101, however Monkey Spell not so much :wtf:

I don't know about the rest of you but I tend to pay extra attention to my "care and control" when I skip some water.

"Careless" is about as far from the reality of the situatiion as you can get.

Don't forget the charge of "Dangerous Driving" that also can be levied. Comes with much more serious implications with that charge!

I don't know about the rest of you but I tend to pay extra attention to my "care and control" when I skip some water.

I could have caredless last year when I started my skip,but was not careless after. :banghead: :curse:

I could have caredless last year when I started my skip,but was not careless after. :banghead: :curse:

So sayeth "Sponge Bob Soggy Pants" :)

Archived