PSSD POKER RUN

SkiDooStu

So, who is heading up next weekend for the poker run? I and 5 others will be staying at the Jolly Roger (wifeys dont' want to stay at the cabin with an outhouse and no shower)... Hoping the weather holds up, Tracy told me today that it won't be rescheduled so it's all or nothing!!

Hey Bill, is your shop a poker run stop?

I'll be up at the cottage in Magnetawan with my wife but not in the poker run. Wave as you go by if you're on the Lake Trail on Ahmic, more specifically the short road section of C104D into Magnetawan.

Have fun!

So, who is heading up next weekend for the poker run? I and 5 others will be staying at the Jolly Roger (wifeys dont' want to stay at the cabin with an outhouse and no shower)... Hoping the weather holds up, Tracy told me today that it won't be rescheduled so it's all or nothing!!

Hey Bill, is your shop a poker run stop?

Yeh we are a stop . don't worry it will be ok .

Be up at our place this weekend, but not sure if sledding in poker run....was out last Sunday and couldn't get 40 miles in without having to stop and cool machine 3 or 4 times. Base of trails was really good, but barely enough lube for sliders and nothing hitting the heat exchangers.

Tired of riding at 37 degree angle on banks to pick up snow, got on a few lakes, but slush discouraging. Want to support PSSD so if conditions bad, will go by truck.

One thing to keep in mind...the weather people are often wrong at predicting good weather....odds are they may be correct predicting bad weather!

I know what you mean.. Even the trails here for the most part you can still see snow as they have been packed down and groomed. so hopefully the forest protectged trails in the pssd are ok...We'll probalby ride either way. the temperature is going to be cold at least, just the sliders might be a bit warm.

At 7:10 this evening, I spoke to someone at the Jolly Roger, where I have two rooms booked. They informed me that there is a very slim chance that there will be enough snow this weekend to actually do the poker run especially after what is predicted wednesday. She said that there isn't much left around the hotel... Can anyone in the area add anything to this? Obviously the jolly roger is not the PSSD so this is not at all official, it's just a 6 hour drive for us so I'd like to re-schedule early if i can.

Wildbill? What do you think?

I went by the Jolly Roger 24 hours ago and there was lots of snow. Seguin trail was also quite covered and looked smooth. Don't know what 2 days of rain will do but think cold and

This year there is limited entry into the Poker Tour. If you are planning on attending you should call the office and register. There was only a small number of tickets left. Call the office and talk to Tracey at 1-888-213-8134 or email admin@pssd.ca.

I'm at the Jolly Roger now. Trails have lots of snow. Lakes (and Bay) were great today. Ran from PS down to Penatang on the outer Ice and inland lakes. That won't be the case if the rain comes. Probably leaving Wed am. Interesting day. Polaris is here and doing dealer demos:

IMG_0552a.jpg

I went by the Jolly Roger 24 hours ago and there was lots of snow. Seguin trail was also quite covered and looked smooth. Don't know what 2 days of rain will do but think cold and

cool...I wish I stayed up yesterday to check out the new sleds.

As for conditions, well if it rains the inch or two they are predicting I would imagine conditions would be poor. I did ride quite a bit on sunday but roads were almost bare, rocks popping out on some trails, C trail had the odd bare spot along the hydro line and some lakes that had slush have melted alot of snowcover. Actually the lakes were pretty good but rain will kill that. :curse:

The forecast could be better. That's for sure!

Here was the C trail at the 402 T north of Nine mile on Sunday.

image007.jpg

I am confident that there will be enough good riding on the weekend for everyone to have a great time before heading to the dinner/dance.

Some of the higher traffic trails will probably be run down a bit but there are so many club trails that have been in such good shape that there will be still be some good options for the wkd.

Last I heard, there were still a few tickets left. It'll be a great party either way! :D

I guess you never know... No rain yet that I can see on the radar. The bulk will fall tomorrow night. I've been looking at weather models, not theweaternetwork. They are notoriously wrong on preciptation amounts.

Answer me this... Are forecasters not ALWAYS right in the winter time when they predict warm weather and very often wrong when a snowstorm is coming??

Update... TWN no longer calling for 20-30mm of rain for the PSSD.

They changed it Wed evening....I find EC much more accurate for the PS area...unfortunately they are suggesting even more rain :angry:

Tonight

Cloudy. Fog developing overnight. Temperature rising to 7 this evening then falling.

Wednesday

Day: Fog dissipating in the morning then cloudy. Periods of rain beginning early in the afternoon. Amount 5 to 10 mm. High 8.

Night: Periods of rain. Amount 10 to 15 mm. Low plus 3.

We are planning on calling it sometime thursday. I'd probably walk away from the $40/ticket for 6 people rather than coming up for the weekend, spending gas and hotel money for crappy crappy trails. We'll see. you never know, the rain held off today...

Agree with xcsldr...Enviro Canada Parry Sound weather from Parry Sound harbour, not Muskoka Airport as per Weather Network.

GE, if you're trailering up anyway, go up an hour to French River for a day trip if PS conditions bad...maybe French River better weather/snow wise? At least cross the bridges.....

I just cancelled our reservation. Hopefully I will make it back up in march. if it's rescheduled somehow, i will try to volunteer. Not sure if anyone here is a volunteer, but keep me in mind for sure

Hopefully there is enough snow for the OC ride????????? :wtf:

I just cancelled our reservation. Hopefully I will make it back up in march. if it's rescheduled somehow, i will try to volunteer. Not sure if anyone here is a volunteer, but keep me in mind for sure

Ode to the Snow God

Let it snow!! Let it Snow!! Let it Snow!!

Oh gods of snow,

let the winds blow.

from north, south, east and west

send us the stuff we love the best!

Make our trails snowy white,

so we can sled from day to night!

Please grant us this, like seasons past,

to make our Ride for Kelly a blast.

I have faith ...

Archived